I would consider this book intermediate to advanced level brewing. Might be a good idea to start with John Palmer's How to Brew
- I assume that I would be using this receipe for 5 gallons, please correct me if wrong Correct, batch size is 5 Gallons
5 gallons of water not exactly.... I would search Grain Absorption on the forum
- Williamette hops quantity unknown ??Quantity is known. IBUs tells you how much to add (I would search for IBU as well)
- Mash grains for 90 minutes - I assume that you cover grains with enough water to make into a oatmeal consistency. I would search for beginning all grain brewing to clear this up
- Sparge with water until 5 gallons is obtained you need enough water that after boiling for 1.5 hours you are left with 5 gallons
- Pour into fermenter (I will be using a 5 gallon glass Carboy) for 5 gallons of beer, you need a 6.5 gallon fermenter.
- Ferment for 2 weeks and then bottle for secondary fermentation?? Ferment until it is done. It will probably take much longer than 2 weeks
- In the book he says to use .25 oz at the end of the boil , but how much do you use before and how much?? this goes back to the answer about IBUs.