Bought my first big sack today! - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Bought my first big sack today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
JimTheHick
 
JimTheHick's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Iowa city, Iowa
Posts: 559
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts



I'm so excited. Here's a picture of my 55lb sack. Of 2 row. So pumped!! 38.95 seems like a fair price.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2061626570.jpg
Views:	1685
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	37855

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
Brew_Meister
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Lawton, OK
Posts: 102

Nice sack! Wait that didn't sound right.

I have sack envy I guess.

I just did my second AG and will be moving to bulk grains soon after I invest in a crusher. That price doesn't sound bad to me. You should be able to get about 5-6 brew out of that right?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
JimTheHick
 
JimTheHick's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Iowa city, Iowa
Posts: 559
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Meister
Nice sack! Wait that didn't sound right.

I have sack envy I guess.

I just did my second AG and will be moving to bulk grains soon after I invest in a crusher. That price doesn't sound bad to me. You should be able to get about 5-6 brew out of that right?
{blush} it's always nice to get complements on my sack.

5 brews is about right. I'm stoked to be at like .80/lb rather than 1.50!

Now I just have to keep my sack clean, cool, and dry. And keep the bugs out of my sack. Does the cockroach have a cousin sackroach?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Flomaster
 
Flomaster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Posts: 2,149
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts


I just paid $49 for 50lbs so yeah you got a killer deal

-=Jason=-

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
Jester
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Jester's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 623
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts


Awesome!!!

I'm going with bulk grain with my next brew. If you room for storage, then cost wise it's the best thing to do...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #6
JimTheHick
 
JimTheHick's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Iowa city, Iowa
Posts: 559
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Awesome!!!

I'm going with bulk grain with my next brew. If you room for storage, then cost wise it's the best thing to do...
The faster you brew the less storage needed!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 AM   #7
Hopper450
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 123
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Yes, great price on that, I think the place I get mine from is about $1 a pound.

Remember, take good care of your sack and your sack will take care of you!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #8
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTheHick
Does the cockroach have a cousin sackroach?
You laugh now... as it turns out, malt is a cockroaches favorite food. Oh, and nice sack.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #9
Brew_Meister
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Lawton, OK
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTheHick
Now I just have to keep my sack clean, cool, and dry. And keep the bugs out of my sack. Does the cockroach have a cousin sackroach?
Do this and it should keep the bugs away! Also make sure you watch where you are sticking it!

By the way where did you score that killer deal?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #10
JimTheHick
 
JimTheHick's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Iowa city, Iowa
Posts: 559
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Meister

Do this and it should keep the bugs away! Also make sure you watch where you are sticking it!

By the way where did you score that killer deal?
Brew and Grow. Madison, wi.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump