Need Help Simple 10Gal Electric Brewing System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamerong

Reaction score
I want to start brewing all grain 10 Gallon Batches ( 12.5 Gal boil). I have almost acquired all the equipment but i need to convert all my pots to Electric because It gets to -25C to -40C for 4-5 months where i live and i can't efficiently brew in my garage in winter.

I'm looking for a simple way to control the elements without having to build a big control panel that automates all this? something like a dial that i can monitor that will turn them up or down. I have a friend who can wire it all for me i just don't know where to start. any suggestions or how to links would be awesome!
thanks

You're looking for a PWM. There's an active thread on how to build one, I'd check that out.

Actually a PID with a Solid State Relay is not that big a deal to put together. You can go simple with some of the wiring diagrams on this site. As everyone else will tell you, PJ has posted great wiring diagrams.

I thought about a PWM, but the advantage of a PID made the effort worth it. Not really that much more effort, though. It's not "automated", just controllable - which is what electric brewing is all about.

Back