iBrewMaster (iPhone) - Great - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > iBrewMaster (iPhone) - Great

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #21
Beezy
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,390
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cswest
Sure you can, click on More > Additions. You can add fruit and/or spices to the boil or the Fermenter and adjunts can be added under the grain bill.

I just really like the mash/sparge settings in Brew Pal. I'd much rather put in the numbers I want to hit and the grain temp rather than selecting from the long list of predefined mash schedules in iBrewMaster.
I don't think you quite get how that works in iBrewMaster. Check a little deeper into it. Since I have dug into iBrewMaster I can't think of a single reason to continue with brew pal.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
zilch
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Winnipeg
Posts: 163
Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts


I just got it so I've only used it for one batch so far. It worked really well. I enabled the hop addition timer and I almost dropped the iPad when it went off - serves me right for cranking the volume I guess

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
cswest
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
macomb, Il
Posts: 128
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
I don't think you quite get how that works in iBrewMaster. Check a little deeper into it. Since I have dug into iBrewMaster I can't think of a single reason to continue with brew pal.
I think I get it but help me out here. How can I easily choose a step infusion mash to hit 135 > 145 > 158 and then mash out at 170 using the temperature of my grains?

For my single reason: Brew Pal has a yeast pitching rate calculator built into it. I'm not aware of that feature in iBrewMaster.

Don't get me wrong, I like iBrewMaster and I still use it. I just think there's still room for improvement.

Best,
Sean

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #24
usfmikeb
 
usfmikeb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
Posts: 3,148
Liked 238 Times on 201 Posts


Has anyone found an Android app that they like?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
Perch06
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 24

Brewzor Pro for Android is a pretty useful little app. I do recipe formulation using iBrewmaster so I can't speak to how well that part of the app works, but its brewing calculators are very helpful. It even has a yeast pitching rate calculator.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #26
Beezy
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,390
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cswest

I think I get it but help me out here. How can I easily choose a step infusion mash to hit 135 > 145 > 158 and then mash out at 170 using the temperature of my grains?

For my single reason: Brew Pal has a yeast pitching rate calculator built into it. I'm not aware of that feature in iBrewMaster.

Don't get me wrong, I like iBrewMaster and I still use it. I just think there's still room for improvement.

Best,
Sean
I am not sure how to explain it but I am pretty sure you can do it. My last brew had a step in it.

No it doesn't have a pitch rate calc. I am sure they will get to that eventually. I might suggest ******** 99 cent for that for now. I have mr malty but it's a rip off tbh.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #27
Retrofit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Aurora, IL
Posts: 813
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Perch06 View Post
Brewzor Pro for Android is a pretty useful little app. I do recipe formulation using iBrewmaster so I can't speak to how well that part of the app works, but its brewing calculators are very helpful. It even has a yeast pitching rate calculator.
Ibrewmaster says "Coming Soon"

I think this is the next big thing they are working on.

If the app had an inventory add-on it would be damn near perfect.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #28
fallenchicago
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Evanston, IL
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofit View Post
If the app had an inventory add-on it would be damn near perfect.
Just saw an update notice on my iPad tonight when I loaded the program. Inventory add on coming in the next few weeks.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #29
Beezy
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,390
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenchicago

Just saw an update notice on my iPad tonight when I loaded the program. Inventory add on coming in the next few weeks.
I have a boner.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #30
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Grinder12000's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Columbus WI
Posts: 2,995
Liked 41 Times on 34 Posts


Not a fan at all of this app - there is no infusion strike calculator which is a main function.

For instance - I have 4 lbs of grain at 68 degrees and 1.5 gallons of water. I want to mash a 152 - how hot should the initial water be! ???
__________________
Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

145 batches and counting

West Coast Blaster #4 almost go and on tap and a Dbl Chocolate Stout aging/carbing. Brewing East India Porter #4

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump