iBrewMaster (iPhone) - Great - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > iBrewMaster (iPhone) - Great

Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
cabal09
Recipes 

Sep 2010
FTCKY

I use it on my IPad as well, love it.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #12
TwoGunz
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Syracuse, New york
Liked 33 Times on 15 Posts

No inventory... Yet. That feature has a lot of requests on the website though and the developer pushes out updates so I'm hopeful.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGunz
No inventory... Yet. That feature has a lot of requests on the website though and the developer pushes out updates so I'm hopeful.
That would be sweet. I was going to mention the lack of. I thought that might be nitpicking. But I am greedy. Yeah would love that feature. As long as it continues to be developed its the app for me.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #14
cswest
Recipes 

Jan 2011
macomb, Il
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I dig it as well, if only they could hook up with the folks that make Brew Pal we could have one of the best brewing apps ever.

iBrew Master is best for cataloging and tracking batches

Brew Pal is best for building a recipe

In my opinion.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswest
I dig it as well, if only they could hook up with the folks that make Brew Pal we could have one of the best brewing apps ever.

iBrew Master is best for cataloging and tracking batches

Brew Pal is best for building a recipe

In my opinion.
I used to think that but now I like brewmaster better. Brew pal you can't even add spices and adjuncts to the recipe. So much better having all of that written out now. Brew masters ingredient list is much more complete as well and if you have to add something it's no problem. I am over brew pal. It could have been something but forget about it now.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
heckels
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Liked 65 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy

I used to think that but now I like brewmaster better. Brew pal you can't even add spices and adjuncts to the recipe. So much better having all of that written out now. Brew masters ingredient list is much more complete as well and if you have to add something it's no problem. I am over brew pal. It could have been something but forget about it now.
I read that recent update did allow you to add adjuncts, spices, or other miscellaneous ingredients

Old 11-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
mabrungard
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Carmel, IN
Liked 651 Times on 504 Posts

I haven't been too happy with Brew Pal. They need to improve the user interface.
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://sites.google.com/site/brunwater/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook for occasional discussions on brewing water and Bru'n Water
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brun-...?ref=bookmarks

Old 11-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckels

I read that recent update did allow you to add adjuncts, spices, or other miscellaneous ingredients
Yes. That is what I am saying.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
cswest
Recipes 

Jan 2011
macomb, Il
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Sure you can, click on More > Additions. You can add fruit and/or spices to the boil or the Fermenter and adjunts can be added under the grain bill.

I just really like the mash/sparge settings in Brew Pal. I'd much rather put in the numbers I want to hit and the grain temp rather than selecting from the long list of predefined mash schedules in iBrewMaster.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
jonolivier
Recipes 

Oct 2010
San Diego, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Until it has an inventory function, I just keep my inventory in the Notes App on my iPhone. That way it's all there when I'm shopping.