What pisses you off about other drivers? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What pisses you off about other drivers?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2720 Times on 1596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabal09
How about the morons that won't get into the passing lane when you are trying to merge onto the interstate. Or the ones who only do 40 on the on ramp when the interstate speed is 70!
This, especially in construction. For about 8 months, they've been doing repairs on the big bridge that goes over the Milwaukee harbor. Nearly everyone knows that the on-ramp to the bridge has been moved and that there is now a very short space in which to merge, and there are plenty of signs, yet some dimwits just cruise along not getting out of the way of merging traffic.

The other thing that drives me NUTS are when people wait, and wait, and wait for someone to back out of a parking spot. Sure, if you're driving through a parking lot and you see tail lights/backup lights come on, stop and take that spot. But I want to throttle the people who see someone walking through the lot and then hit their brakes to see where that person is going, then wait for that person to get to their car, put their crap in the trunk, get into the car, etc., all to grab the parking spot. Meanwhile, a half dozen cars are backed up behind that nimrod.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #22
jafo28
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
NJ
Liked 124 Times on 76 Posts

Old 11-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #23
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 492 Times on 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckndad View Post
As a truck driver who hauls a tanker, I've got to say the dumb a$$e$ who just can not stand to be behind a truck no matter what. Pass me, get in front of me, then hit the brakes and pull into the next driveway because they had to be in front of the truck and couldn't wait 15 more seconds to get in that driveway. BTW, you have any idea how long it takes a truck going 35 mph with a 50 foot wavepool behind it that weighs almost 90000 lbs to stop? I'll let you know as soon I get the pieces of you car out from under my truck.
lol! the best.

i have to admit - sometimes I am that guy. i have no idea why that is. I think it's mainly the inability to see around you.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
cabal09
Recipes 

Sep 2010
FTCKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckndad
As a truck driver who hauls a tanker, I've got to say the dumb a$$e$ who just can not stand to be behind a truck no matter what. Pass me, get in front of me, then hit the brakes and pull into the next driveway because they had to be in front of the truck and couldn't wait 15 more seconds to get in that driveway. BTW, you have any idea how long it takes a truck going 35 mph with a 50 foot wavepool behind it that weighs almost 90000 lbs to stop? I'll let you know as soon I get the pieces of you car out from under my truck.
Your not one of those a%^*+=l truckers that decide they want to pass another truck on a hill are you? I hate those guys the most.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
Clann
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Edmonton Ky
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

For the record, you guys named almost everything that pisses me off while I drive. I'm sure there is at least one more.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #26
cfonnes
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Utah
Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts

People who drive faster than the speed limit. What makes them think that they are so important that they have to increase risk to my life and limb. How come the idiots cannot leave 2 minutes earlier?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #27
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

Most of the things already mentioned tick me off. One of my personal favorites usually happens when I’m making a right turn, sometimes after a stop, sometimes at a green light. Often times, I will find that there is a pedestrian crossing legally at the intersection. So, what do I do? I wait. That’s when the d-bag behind me starts laying into his or her horn. Oh, sorry about that, am I making you late for your hair appointment?!!??! Let me just go ahead and mow this person down then, I’m sure they won’t mind!!!
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 11-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #28
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2720 Times on 1596 Posts

The interstate from the vast western Milwaukee suburbs exits into downtown via Van Buren St. That street is four lanes, one way, from the highway to the center of downtown.

From 7:00 am to 9:00 am, there is no parking on Van Buren because EVERYONE from the western suburbs needs to exit the highway onto that street and we need all four lanes to accommodate the huge volume of traffic.

That, however, doesn't stop oblivious idiots from parking there during the morning rush hour and completely f'ing up the traffic flow for blocks.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #29
truckndad
Recipes 

Mar 2010
nine mile falls, wa
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabal09 View Post
Your not one of those a%^*+=l truckers that decide they want to pass another truck on a hill are you? I hate those guys the most.
Nope, not me. I hate those guys too. I've been out here for 21 years. I quit needing to be in a hurry about 20 years ago. Lot of newer, younger drivers out there giving guys like me a bad rep.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #30
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

I have a little saying...

I can't stand your driving, but I'm willing to put it BEHIND me