Brew room on a budget - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Brew room on a budget
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 10-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #21
rockinmarty
Big Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2011
St-Hubert, Quebec
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

let's try to resurrect this one, was it ever finished???? pics please.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Damascus, MD
Liked 159 Times on 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmarty View Post
let's try to resurrect this one, was it ever finished???? pics please.
Yea, this was looking good! Wonder if it was ever finished!

Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
crypt0
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Kitchener
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey guys. Indeed, the room was finished, but I ended up going all electric after realizing that running natural gas burners indoors was far too dangerous in terms of carbon monoxide and heat in such a small room.

I did a detailed write up on a local form, see link below. If I have time I might transcribe my post here to finish the story

FYI - the total cost for the conversion was probably about 2800, 1800 for the brewmation system I bought. Compression fittings, valves, silicon tubing, camlock disconnects, and a second pump took up a large percentage of the remaining money.

http://forum.grabahomebrew.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=356

Old 01-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #24
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Damascus, MD
Liked 159 Times on 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt0 View Post
Hey guys. Indeed, the room was finished, but I ended up going all electric after realizing that running natural gas burners indoors was far too dangerous in terms of carbon monoxide and heat in such a small room.

I did a detailed write up on a local form, see link below. If I have time I might transcribe my post here to finish the story

FYI - the total cost for the conversion was probably about 2800, 1800 for the brewmation system I bought. Compression fittings, valves, silicon tubing, camlock disconnects, and a second pump took up a large percentage of the remaining money.

http://forum.grabahomebrew.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=356
GREAT! Just read everything and look at all the pics on the other site, really nice! Few questions when you get a chance - Do you do anything for make-up air? I have both my furnace and gas hot water heater about 13 feet away from my proposed ebrew setup in the basement and I think I am overly paranoid about potential suck back! How long are brew days taking you now that you have it all setup? I know setting up and tearing down adds way too much time to my brew day! Nice job again.