Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > banjo burner or bayou classic

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default banjo burner or bayou classic

gettin ready to invest in a couple of burners. the banjo is cheaper and sufficient. the bayou classic seems to be better suited to a keggle. suggestions? oh yeah how much of a jump in propane usage compared to my turkey fryer?

BALDGUT BREWS

Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
eastoak
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 88

will you be using keggles?if you are be ready for them as far as your burner is concerned.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
OHIOSTEVE
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak View Post
will you be using keggles?if you are be ready for them as far as your burner is concerned.
yes I have a keggle already and another keg to cut for a hlt.. The banjo is stand is not as wide as the bayou classic and the classic seems more heavy duty. even the guy at the LHBS seemed to think the keggle would be far more stable on the classic.However it seems to be overkill for 5 gallon batches IMO.
BALDGUT BREWS

Old 10-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
OHIOSTEVE
Recipes 

I have the tubing to weld up some stands, I could just buy the actrual burner and regulator and build my own......
BALDGUT BREWS