So i brewed my clone a couple days ago. heres what i decided to go with.
10 pounds american 2 row pale malt
1 pound crystal malt 80l
.25 dextrine malt (Just because i had some extra lying around)
mashed with 1.3q per lbs at 153 degrees for 70 mins. fly sparged with 4.5 gallons at 170 degree for 45 min. during the sparge my mash got stuck.
but i was able to get it going again.
boiled for 75 min
.75 oz cascade hops 9.1aau 60min
2.5 oz cascade hops 9.1aau 15min
1.5 oz cascade hops 9.1aau 3min
1 oz cascade hops 9.1aau dry hopped
i ended up with about 5.5 gallons and a final gravity of 1.052. i was hoping for a little better efficiency but oh well. i can tell you right now that this beer is not nearly red enough to be free range.
I had quite the debate over what yeast to use for this beer. i tried to contact wyeast to see what they sold laurelwood but they never got back to me. so i ended up going with northwest ale yeast 1332. I am fermenting this beer in my attic the temp up there is a constant 57 degrees. im hoping that it will produce a beer that is complex and crisp with a mildly tart finish.