I think i have an infection - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > I think i have an infection

Old 10-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
keepitcold
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I checked my RIS today and saw some white stuff and a interesting. Thin layer on top kinda like the fat on top of chicken soup picture to follow

Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #2

Sounds like an infection to me.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4672 Times on 3149 Posts

Don't do anything until we get a look at the picture. You may be surprised to know how many times this thing has shown up, and quite often it's simply yeast resting on top.

Also, just because it's infected, doesn't mean it won't be a great tasting beer, at least in the short term.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
WhineinAlbany
Recipes 

May 2011
Glenville, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

sounds like a yeast infection. Really don't want to see a picture, but Monistat works well. You did say you have an infection, right?

Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
keepitcold
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhineinAlbany View Post
sounds like a yeast infection. Really don't want to see a picture, but Monistat works well. You did say you have an infection, right?
not that kind! but guys I consulted with a fellow homebrewer and he said just taste it. they taste great im gonna move the to kegs and chill em