Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Craigslist free
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
phoenixs4r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hayward, California
Posts: 1,516
Liked 55 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Just fyi tnever know how lucky you'll get. Me and the misses were looking on Craigslist free section for a decent couch to replace our broken one Rand low and behold there's a free 15.5 CF chest freezer for free, dude says.l it works too! So I call the guy, and he calls back an hour later saying its gone

Soooo disapointed but hoping to get lucky to logged on again and don't find anymore freezers but instead I find a post that said, 'two free soda kegs and a ladder'

Tl;Dr 2 ball lock soda kegs someone tossed out on the street, and I got them.

I think I'll be looking at the free section a bit closer.


phoenixs4r is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UP of Michigan
Posts: 65,109
Liked 5928 Times on 4226 Posts
Likes Given: 1514

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixs4r View Post
Just fyi tnever know how lucky you'll get. Me and the misses were looking on Craigslist free section for a decent couch to replace our broken one Rand low and behold there's a free 15.5 CF chest freezer for free, dude says.l it works too! So I call the guy, and he calls back an hour later saying its gone

Soooo disapointed but hoping to get lucky to logged on again and don't find anymore freezers but instead I find a post that said, 'two free soda kegs and a ladder'

Tl;Dr 2 ball lock soda kegs someone tossed out on the street, and I got them.

I think I'll be looking at the free section a bit closer.
Like my neighbor said to me after buying an old house full of "collectibles" and unloading them for thousands of dollars: "Craigslist is the schizznit!"

I LOVE Craigslist. We live in a rural area, so there isn't always that much available. But the gems definitely are out there!


__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
smokey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valdosta, Georgia
Posts: 81
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

The only thing I find in my local free craigslist is dogs, cats and trees..... I still look in the hopes I may some day find something worth bragging about......
__________________
Primary:
Secondary:
Kegged: Black IPA, APA
smokey is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Solway, MN
Posts: 8,123
Liked 1133 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 583

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
The only thing I find in my local free craigslist is dogs, cats and trees..... I still look in the hopes I may some day find something worth bragging about......
If you have your own sawmill, those trees.....
RM-MN is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
johnsopi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: elkton, md
Posts: 19
Default

I got a frig set up for kegger for free, plus some yeast the guy was moving
johnsopi is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
eastoak
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: oakland, california
Posts: 3,269
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

i found my wife on craigslist 9 yrs and two babies ago.
eastoak is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
AmandaK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,502
Liked 139 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak View Post
i found my wife on craigslist 9 yrs and two babies ago.
In what section???
__________________
BJCP Master Beer Judge
AmandaK is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
bad coffee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bad coffee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,716
Liked 438 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

I'm gonna venture a guess and she certainly wasn't 'free.'

I bet she's STILL costing him.

B
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer
Why do you think they choose that path? (.)(.) = $$$$$$$$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Wtf was chasing you for an hour? Buy a gun already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I'm a meat hunter. PKU.
bad coffee is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 34,554
Liked 2903 Times on 2512 Posts
Likes Given: 2049

Default

Well,it's like the old timers told me when I was getting married; " $9 down,& your paycheck for the rest of your life". While practicing the cerimony at the church,when the priest got to the "I do" part,he said "I gotta do WHAT...for HOW LONG"?!! Funny fella in Rome now.


__________________
My sci-fi & home brewing books on amazon-kindle now! New additions coming!
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
unionrdr is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS