Originally Posted by Naptown
How did it go?
It got done, but it sure kept me busy.
I did something I shouldn't have done and changed plans at the last minute. Recipes in the past called for steep grains in 5 gallons, but the new ones called for ~2 gallons. My change was steeping in one pot, while getting the boil water heated up in another. So at the beginning, I was alternating 3 pots on 2 burners to keep temps up.
Once I got through that, I could breathe.
I'm just hoping that my RyePA starts fermenting. I bought all my yeast at the same time and popped both packets at the same time. After 3 hours, the Wyeast #1335 British Ale II packet was barely swelled, but I could still hear bubbles inside, so I pitched anyway. The #3944 Belgian Wit, however was fully expanded.
So Sunday morning, the GF Wit was going like a champ (and so was my lager already!), however still this morning not much going on with the RyePA. I popped the lid and bubbles were coming to the top, but barely. No signs of infection, just an extremely slow start. I'm thinking of running to GF on my lunch break and pitching another packet tonight.