AOM going for gold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnoodle

Reaction score
I entered a bottle of my AOM in the F.O.A.M. Cup here in Tulsa Oklahoma. This will be my first competition so wish me luck.

Has anybody else entered AOM in a competition, if so how did you do?

Thanks I think I'm going to be the most inexperienced brewer in the mead category. I hope I do well, I'm really just looking forward to seeing my score sheet so I know where to improve.

They start judging on tuesday. The awards ceremony is saturday, to bad I will be in the deer stand all next weekend.

Tnoodle said:
They start judging on tuesday. The awards ceremony is saturday, to bad I will be in the deer stand all next weekend.

Oh yes, that sounds absolutely horrible... ;-)

I got my score back, I got a 29. The judges said I need more acid to balance the sweetness. All three judges said it was cloyingly sweet. The bottle of AOM I entered was only 7 months old so I bet by next year it will do great.

Pretty good feedback. I've never had mead, but have two 1 gallon batches in the works so I don't know how sweet they are supposed to be, but jaom is pretty sweet from my understanding. So for a pretty basic recipe, sounds like it went well. I am sure you are right, it will be even better in a year.

On a side, next year I'm going to put something in the FOAM cup. I wanted to this year, but never had time to make anything.

Latest posts

Back