Dear Abby....... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Dear Abby.......

Old 10-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Dear Abby,

I have been so blessed in my life. Great parents, great wife and kids, great job, and great education.

When I finally retired, I could hardly wait to spend time en! joying my favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing. Finally, one day at the Bait &Tackle Shop, I got talking to Sam, the shop owner, who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became fishing buddies. As I said the wife doesn't care about fishing: she not only refuses to join us, she complains that I spend too much time fishing.

A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes ! later Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.

What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?

Thanks,

A fisherman

P.S. I have enclosed

the picture of Sam
showing off the
bass that we caught.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:50 AM   #2
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts

...I knew that's where you were going...

Old 10-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

An oldie, but still a goodie. I think the pic could use a little more camel toe tho.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 10-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #4
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Deepest, darkest Eastern NC
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Dammit, Boy !!!! I mean....
Dear Fisherman,
Have you ever thought that your wife might be feeling a little left out in your hobby ? I'd suggest that you invite Sam over for dinner one night so that your wife can get to know your new friend. I'd suggest cooking one of the fish you caught and serving it with plenty of wine. Once they get acquainted, your wife may enjoy your new friend as much as you do. I know I would !

Where did you get that ? I'd say that beats El P.'s big catfish picture by a mile. That's a nice pair ! The one on the left seems a little larger than the one on the right, but they're both very respectable. You got any more of them ?

Old 10-08-2005, 01:01 AM   #5
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

OK..well, how bout we just sing along ....http://www.bofunk.com/video/320/camel_toe.html

just click paly and we'll all sing along.........

Old 10-08-2005, 01:07 AM   #6
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

YEs , I agree on the size difference. I wouldn't really care because both are respectable. I thought about EL. P. and how much he enjoys fishing stories. Thought he would enjoy this but his mind is somewhere in BFE. Wants to talk about camel toes...go figure.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:10 AM   #7
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Deepest, darkest Eastern NC
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Couldn't get it to play ! I'll make a note and go back to it later. Kids are bothering me for the computer. See ya later !

Old 10-08-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmonkey
Couldn't get it to play ! I'll make a note and go back to it later. Kids are bothering me for the computer. See ya later !
You're lucky, cuz once you hear it, you'll be humming the tune (and singing aloud at inappropriate moments) for the next six months.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 AM   #9
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

May 2005
Castleton NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudster
YEs , I agree on the size difference. I wouldn't really care because both are respectable. I thought about EL. P. and how much he enjoys fishing stories. Thought he would enjoy this but his mind is somewhere in BFE. Wants to talk about camel toes...go figure.
You are talking about the fish now aren't you??

Old 10-08-2005, 02:02 AM   #10
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hmmm, if that's the case then No camel toe for you...come back 1 year.