Weekend - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Weekend

Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 95 Times on 62 Posts

Not a bad one.

Saturday
Up, to a dog show, to a new HBS that's a little to far to visit but was enroute to the dog show. A few purchases a chat and a look round. Then to the allotment to plant a few things and a BBQ. To the pub, back to a friends then home to a few HBs.

Sunday
Up, Help my Brother move a few things. Planted a bed of sweetcorn at the allotment. To the beach for a BBQ and a 10 mile walk with the dogs and friends with my god daughter in the dunes. Home, showered then walked 4 miles to the nearest pub with "real Ale", Pizza then a bus home and finishing the evening with a bottle of champagne.

All of this in perfect summer weather in beginning of spring when it is normally the best part of 50°F colder. (I have a tan)

Like I say, not a bad weekend.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

Mine was not bad, also.

Went to a Sprinter (MB in Europe) van fest Sat. Bunch of van converted to recreation vehicles, some professionally , some DYI. Multiple dog walks, chopped wood.

Dog walks, kegged the Bent Rod Rye & did some cleaning in the brewery. Cut more wood, still need to split it (I HATE heating my house with wood, by the way). Cold and cloudy most of the time, but good weather for outdoor work. Looks like my Fuggles needs to be restrained, soon.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts

Friday:

Out of nowhere, a poker game emerged. This is awesome, considering that we used to have poker games all the time and then, one by one, four of our friends moved out of the state, leaving us with only three people to play poker with. So Friday night, we had a fourth which is just enough for a game.

Saturday:
Beaut of a day. We endded up doing some light spring cleaning, a little shopping and had some friends over for dinner. In spite of REALLY WANTING to stay up late, I ended up falling asleep at 10:30.

Today:
More cleaning, then friends over for lunch and the Cubs game. Cubs lost and some other less than desireable things happened, but then SWMBO decided to take HWMBO to her brothers place. That translates to me having the house to myself for a few hours. To the LHBS I go!
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 169 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Not a bad one.

Saturday
Up, to a dog show, to a new HBS that's a little to far to visit but was enroute to the dog show. A few purchases a chat and a look round. Then to the allotment to plant a few things and a BBQ. To the pub, back to a friends then home to a few HBs.

Sunday
Up, Help my Brother move a few things. Planted a bed of sweetcorn at the allotment. To the beach for a BBQ and a 10 mile walk with the dogs and friends with my god daughter in the dunes. Home, showered then walked 4 miles to the nearest pub with "real Ale", Pizza then a bus home and finishing the evening with a bottle of champagne.

All of this in perfect summer weather in beginning of spring when it is normally the best part of 50F colder. (I have a tan)

Like I say, not a bad weekend.
I don't even want to talk about my weekend after reading about yours. Sounds very nice.
I've just been doing chores around the house and not feeling all that great. This Damn diabetic medication is giving me fits.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully

Recipes 

Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

I've been organizing my garage, but at least one day I'll be able to post one of those "check out my brew area!!" posts and everybody will oooh and ahhh. I did get in a soccer game today and got to drive around in the truck buying garage organization stuff, so it wasn't a complete write-off.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:37 AM   #6
the art guy
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Iowa

Saturday: Easter Egg Hunt (yes, a week late) at my dad's house for my kids and all the other grandkids, then we all went to a local Mexican restaurant. They had a mariachi band that sang happy birthday to my son (3 on Friday).

Sunday: birthday party for my son. Lots of new toys to play with. Also fixed my Jeep that was intermittently failing to start. Great weather. All this goodness was then balanced out by the discovery of the sewer backing up in the basement. (Quick! Move the brew equipment and the beer fridge!)

Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 AM   #7
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 116 Times on 102 Posts

Pretty uneventful weekend.

Saturday clean house, burn a bunch of branches from a tree I cut down last month and racked my porter.

Sunday, did the Walk for the Cure and then went to a fireman's picnic and had some awesome sonoran taco's from a caterer that came up from Nogales MX. Beef, Pork and Chicken all cooked over mesquite. Yum. Sunburned.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #8
Ryanh1801

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Addison,TX
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Besides the Tornado on Fri, Had a good weekend. Got my wheat beer all bottled, also got 40 miles of biking in this weekend.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
sAvAgE
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Spruce Grove Alberta
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My Weekend was pretty good I can't complain. Bottled my batch of Pilsner that I made first thing in th e morning, cleaned up the kitchen, sat down and watched a couple of movies. And Since today is the last day of my weekend, gonna hit the brew store and pick up some supplies today, sanitizer, couple of beer kits today. and also picked up a third carboy last night. I cant complain about the price as it was given to me.

Next Up - First All Grain 40th birthday lager

Primary -

Secondary -
Secondary -

Bottled - Honey ApfelMead 02/23/08 ABV 10.0%
Bottled - Oktoberfest 5.2%
Bottled - Candian Light Lager 4.85
Bottled - Munich Dark Lager 5.6%

Drinking - Apfelwein FG 2/29/08 ABV 8.5%
Drinking - Brewhouse Cream Ale ABV 4.7%
Drinking - Brewhouse Pale Ale ABV 5.2%

Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #10
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Well planted some Asparagus crowns, did some misc. house stuff and then went to dinner on Sunday at a pretty good Italian chain:

Buca di Beppo.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.