The Walking dead - Page 34 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Walking dead

Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #331
slomo
Recipes 

Jan 2009
sacramento, ca.
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2080 View Post
Andrea's sister was bit in the neck and pretty clearly died. It did take her 12-ish hours I would estimate, before she turned. Which is weird since she was actually bitten. Where-as Shane turns in 5 minutes without a bite or scratch. That probably has much more to do with timing for the TV show / plot then anything else.

But - the guy whose name I don't remember, that they left by the side of the road to kill himself pre farm days, did get bitten and was slowly turning. At least that is what they were pushing, since he was getting sicker and delirious after the bite.

So bite and/or scratches while still alive = turn into zombie. Bite and die = zombie. Just die.... = zombie.

So, it would suck for them in the boarded up house if Hershel dies of old age in his sleep. (That would be awesome though, I'll apply for a Walking Dead writer position later this afternoon)
when the group was at the CDC the Last guy that was working on a cure said that the turn rate was different for each person, and that they were not sure why that was.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #332
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
City of the Steamer
Liked 277 Times on 185 Posts

Finally watched it... soo happy that they killed him off. Good thing I didn't click this thread before watching

Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #333
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Certainly a redeeming episode, but I'm still on the fence. I'll probably get my hands on the comics because it really seems like those who've read them enjoy the show more.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #334
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2011
Glenmont, NY
Liked 158 Times on 112 Posts

Boy, if they're willing to kill off Shane in the second from last episode - I can't wait to see what they do for the season finale!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #335
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2080 View Post
So, it would suck for them in the boarded up house if Hershel dies of old age in his sleep. (That would be awesome though, I'll apply for a Walking Dead writer position later this afternoon)
it wouldn't be nearly as tragic if he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation. because then at least it would still be funny...

Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #336
Cacaman
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Laredo, TX
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Oh also, did anyone else notice T-dog's 1 liner? "Oh Hail Naw"
I think their attempt at being culturally sensitive is becoming more racist than anything

Edit: I'd also like to ask to Revvy or any other close followers, have any of you all considered that Merrill (Daryl's brother) could possibly have survived and is the leader of the second group where the kid came from? He did mention that "they are a tough group of guys", and cutting his own hand off fits that description IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post

“Get your beer off the yeast cake on day 7 or your beer will crawl out of the fermenter and eat your youngest child”

“Your beer will be the equivalent of rhinoceros urine unless it sits on the primary yeast cake for at least 4 weeks.”

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #337
naristov
Recipes 

Feb 2012
New York, Ny
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Last night show really pissed me off. The ending had so many loopholes it was almost as if the writers were like "screw it lets just kill Shane...somehow". 1) Shane obviously thought this whole thing through (as spur of the moment as it was) why would he wait till he was 500 feet from the house to try and kill Rick and blame it on the prisoner who's body was at least a mile away. 2) Why did the zombies only come after the second gun shot 3) how the hell did they get their so quickly 4) how did Shane turn to a zombie so quickly 5) The whole thing with the little kid pointing the gun at Rick/Shane Zombie was poorly executed and cliche. 6) The only good thing about this episode was was the beer I was drinking and maybe T-Dawg getting some screen time...as stereotypical as it might of been. 7) My hatred for Lori and Andrea has increased.
Bottled:EggNog Stout, Dead Ringer IPA
Next: Smoked Cherry Ale, Jalapeno Session

Drinking: Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale , Ommegang Abbey Ale

Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #338
Lunchtime
Recipes 

Nov 2011
springfield, missouri
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by naristov View Post
Last night show really pissed me off. The ending had so many loopholes it was almost as if the writers were like "screw it lets just kill Shane...somehow". 1) Shane obviously thought this whole thing through (as spur of the moment as it was) why would he wait till he was 500 feet from the house to try and kill Rick and blame it on the prisoner who's body was at least a mile away. 2) Why did the zombies only come after the second gun shot 3) how the hell did they get their so quickly 4) how did Shane turn to a zombie so quickly 5) The whole thing with the little kid pointing the gun at Rick/Shane Zombie was poorly executed and cliche. 6) The only good thing about this episode was was the beer I was drinking and maybe T-Dawg getting some screen time...as stereotypical as it might of been. 7) My hatred for Lori and Andrea has increased.
You should probably stop watching television...

spearko520 Likes This 
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #339
Native302
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Milton, Delaware
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchtime

You should probably stop watching television...
Ha ha +1

Just buy a small swimming pool, throw everything in and mash it. Then open ferment in another swimming pool with all the yeast.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #340
OntarioBeerKegs
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Mitchell, Ontario
Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacaman View Post
Oh also, did anyone else notice T-dog's 1 liner? "Oh Hail Naw"
I think their attempt at being culturally sensitive is becoming more racist than anything

Edit: I'd also like to ask to Revvy or any other close followers, have any of you all considered that Merrill (Daryl's brother) could possibly have survived and is the leader of the second group where the kid came from? He did mention that "they are a tough group of guys", and cutting his own hand off fits that description IMO.

I was under the assumption that Merrill hacked his way to a escape. Forgot all about him. If that nutjob is still around season three might be way better. With any luck I can watch him die. Twice.