The Walking dead - Page 184 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Walking dead

Old 03-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #1831
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
Laguna Niguel, CA
Liked 1049 Times on 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaperload View Post
The previews of next weeks episode shows Andrea saying, "I have to kill the Governor."

I think its a safe bet that the Governor will die by seasons end. No big surprise there. The question is who is going to do the deed?

Andrea like the preview suggests?

Rick cause he is the leader of the group?

Maggie for the payback?

Glenn for the payback and messing with his girl?

Merle for turning on him?

Daryl for making him fight his brother?

Michone cause she has a katana?

Carl cause he is turning into a badass?
A zombie sneaks up on his blind side.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #1832
TheKeg81

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaperload View Post
The previews of next weeks episode shows Andrea saying, "I have to kill the Governor."

I think its a safe bet that the Governor will die by seasons end. No big surprise there. The question is who is going to do the deed?

Andrea like the preview suggests?

Rick cause he is the leader of the group?

Maggie for the payback?

Glenn for the payback and messing with his girl?

Merle for turning on him?

Daryl for making him fight his brother?

Michone cause she has a katana?

Carl cause he is turning into a badass?
The GF and I were talking about that she through out the possibility of the scientist guy killing him. I hadn't thought of it, but I could see there being an "est-tu Brute?" moment/twist.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #1833
tom_gamer
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Houston, Texas
Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeg81 View Post

The GF and I were talking about that she through out the possibility of the scientist guy killing him. I hadn't thought of it, but I could see there being an "est-tu Brute?" moment/twist.
I think in the preview they showed him saying something along the line of, "I can't stop him" or can he?

But then he can take over and everything will be peaceful, until goes crazy and season 4 is season 3 except that its not the governor but the advisor.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #1834
mcwilcr

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Liked 81 Times on 63 Posts

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I thought it was a decent episode for the most part. I'm a little confused about a couple things though.

When Rick is talking about the governor being the town drunk tearing up his lawn did he actually know him before the zombies or was he referring to him driving a truck through the prison gate? It would be an interesting plot point if they knew each other from before and Rick had arrested him or something.

What was the deal with Andrea and Dale at the end?i thought she said she couldn't go back to Woodbury after finding out the governor was a rapist, and then she gives dale a nod and heads back.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #1835
JohnnyO

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Hamden, CT
Liked 917 Times on 857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr View Post
SPOILER ALERT!!!

I thought it was a decent episode for the most part. I'm a little confused about a couple things though.

When Rick is talking about the governor being the town drunk tearing up his lawn did he actually know him before the zombies or was he referring to him driving a truck through the prison gate? It would be an interesting plot point if they knew each other from before and Rick had arrested him or something.

What was the deal with Andrea and Dale at the end?i thought she said she couldn't go back to Woodbury after finding out the governor was a rapist, and then she gives dale a nod and heads back.
Dale died. You're referring to Herschel. I think they hatched a plan when they were talking. At least that's what I'd like to believe.

As for the Governor and Rick, I don't think he knew him before. He was referring to him as the town drunk who just causes problems and doesn't contribute anything to the new society. Basically saying "you're no governor."

Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #1836
mcwilcr

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Liked 81 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO

Dale died. You're referring to Herschel. I think they hatched a plan when they were talking. At least that's what I'd like to believe.

As for the Governor and Rick, I don't think he knew him before. He was referring to him as the town drunk who just causes problems and doesn't contribute anything to the new society. Basically saying "you're no governor."
Good call on the Dale, Herschel thing. I can barely keep track of names of real people I know so its no surprise I would mix up characters on a show.

With the governor and Rick, I think you are right but I kinda got a sense there was some familiarity between them during the conversation so I'm still not completely sure they didn't know each other. Probably not though.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #1837
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Liked 708 Times on 426 Posts

I think that Rick was just saying that he knew the Gov's type. I don't think that he knew him at all, but being a cop Rick had seen people like The Gov many times. Rick was basically telling the Gov that he was a piece of **** punk.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #1838
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Can I just point out that they did something with the governor that they did on Battlestar as well. Why oh why did they not outfit him with a proper eyepatch?! Huge distraction.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #1839
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.

Recipes 

Oct 2011
Glenmont, NY
Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts

I agree that they are really dragging out this Prison Vs Woodbury plot line. It seems to be taking them a long time to build up some speed.

I think they are also mis-playing the Michonne character. If this were any previous season, she would have been the female Daryl - indispensible to the safety of the group.

They have been treating Michonne like she's some kind of danger and liability to the group. I think she's been unbelievably tolerant of Rick's BS - treating her like a second class citizen, bringing Merle (who tried to kill her a couple of times) into the fold, talking about trading her like a baseball card. Rick's lucky he didn't get the full katana.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #1840
Roadliner
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
Liked 273 Times on 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr View Post
SPOILER ALERT!!!

He's definitely talking about the governor coming into the prison "knocking down his fence and tearing up his yard". He's calling him the town drink because of his irrational behavior. I agree with someone above saying he just knows his type. It doesn't really imply that they knew each other before. They would have eluded to that well before this point as well.