The Walking dead - Page 144 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Walking dead

Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1431
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think the spoiler alert could be done a bit better.

SPOILER ALERT! Insert thing to ruin people's enjoyment of the show.

Isn't that adequate. How many people just stopped reading at the end of the first sentence and didn't see any part of the beginning or perhaps caught some of the end while reading the sentence above it?

Might I suggest:

SPOILER ALERT!

Spoilers here...

The added space makes it hard to inadvertently read stuff you'd rather avoid. Just my 2c and maybe my eyes wander to much while I'm reading...

Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #1432
funkadelicturkey
Recipes 

Feb 2009
beer
Liked 102 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think the spoiler alert could be done a bit better.
Not to be a jerk or continue beating our dead horse but this whole thread could be considered a spoiler, I don't read updates unless I'm up to date on the show.

Get back to watching some Zombie bashing/slashing/capping so you're up to date!

Old 12-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #1433
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2460 Times on 1715 Posts

Any normal person should understand not to post Spoilers regardless if there is an alert before it or not. Someone could quote it or you could accidentally read it when browsing. No one wants to skip around the thread because somebody is proud they read a comic book and know "what really happened in the comics". Suggesting those who only watch the show are missing out on the incredible comic book experience.

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #1434
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadelicturkey View Post
Not to be a jerk or continue beating our dead horse but this whole thread could be considered a spoiler, I don't read updates unless I'm up to date on the show.

Get back to watching some Zombie bashing/slashing/capping so you're up to date!
I definitely don't read this thread until I watch the show. If you had to put spoiler up for everything that happened in the show most of the posts in this thread would need the tag.

I'm talking about people posting about stuff in the comics that may or may not happen in the show.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #1435
huntingohio
Recipes 

Jan 2011
rural, ohio
Liked 55 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post

SPOILER ALERT! Insert thing to ruin people's enjoyment of the show.

Isn't that adequate. How many people just stopped reading at the end of the first sentence and didn't see any part of the beginning or perhaps caught some of the end while reading the sentence above it?

Might I suggest:

SPOILER ALERT!

Spoilers here...

The added space makes it hard to inadvertently read stuff you'd rather avoid. Just my 2c and maybe my eyes wander to much while I'm reading...
Thats a perfectly rational request I agree, I really like the white text idea too.
2 gallon fermenting kit is OTW!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #1436
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Liked 837 Times on 502 Posts

How about just not talking about what has not happened in the show yet?

Once it happens in the show it's fair game.

That is a perfectly rational request
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #1437
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2135 Times on 1410 Posts

Hey, does anyone remember the African American woman (totally forgot her name) who opted to get blown up and the rest of the group basically said "ok have fun with that?" Anyone? Hell even Dale, the closest thing they had to a moral compass went back and begged ANDREA to save herself... the "also ran" woman didnt even get a bro-grab or an insincere goodbye.

This show really is tough on the ladies. They are either dumb, expendable, annoying, naive or just kind of there... or Michonne.

And another complaint... they make me wait so long before the next season or the next "mid-season" (whoever thought that up should be tied to a majestic northern fir tree and pelted with water balloons full of female grizzly bear urine) that I forget about it until someone here tells me that they just saw the newest episode. I havent gone into a single season or mid-frigging-season NOT knowing what happened.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #1438
BargainMugs
Recipes 

May 2010
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

At least we only have to wait a couple months. Breaking Bad's break is a full year. Why had a mid season break if it lasts a full year. Wouldn't that be a new season?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #1439
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Battlestar Galactica took a few ridiculously long breaks. Sopranos did too. I hate when shows do that, especially nowadays where most shows have continuing story lines rather than the sitcom format.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #1440
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Liked 2186 Times on 1374 Posts

long breaks and ½ seasons are annoying

but they're damn good shows that have me by the danglees, so I watch

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie