The Walking dead - Page 132 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Walking dead

Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #1311
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
No flame throwers then?
I'd rather have the gas for cars. Think of how effective a car would be against zombies. I'd spend most of my time in a big effin' truck mowing them down!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #1312
Roadliner
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
Liked 273 Times on 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'd rather have the gas for cars. Think of how effective a car would be against zombies. I'd spend most of my time in a big effin' truck mowing them down!
Just gota find one of those bad ass swat trucks that are practically tanks and can run through walls and stuff.. oh yeah

Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #1313
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

y'mean like the ones rick saw in atlanta and just passed by? Still sore about that point...

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Airborneguy Likes This 
Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #1314
huntingohio
Recipes 

Jan 2011
rural, ohio
Liked 55 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
y'mean like the ones rick saw in atlanta and just passed by? Still sore about that point...
Thats not to mention that he was in an EFFING TANK, and didnt bother to see if it ran. I mean c'mon a hoard of zombies outside, 3+ inches of armor between you and them, its worth a looksie around. Even if it didnt run all the m240s and m-16s they passed up on the way in to the cdc is enough to make one question there sanity Those have always killed me, I mean what human wouldnt try and take advantage of that?

I have secertly always wanted one of the volvo armored vehices to turn into a camper. It would kill on gasbut who else would have one.
2 gallon fermenting kit is OTW!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #1315
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingohio View Post
Thats not to mention that he was in an EFFING TANK, and didnt bother to see if it ran. I mean c'mon a hoard of zombies outside, 3+ inches of armor between you and them, its worth a looksie around. Even if it didnt run all the m240s and m-16s they passed up on the way in to the cdc is enough to make one question there sanity Those have always killed me, I mean what human wouldnt try and take advantage of that?

I have secertly always wanted one of the volvo armored vehices to turn into a camper. It would kill on gasbut who else would have one.
Tanks have 50 caliber machine guns on them also!!! A big 50 would mow down zombies like no tomorrow. It would be handy for taking over the governor's little town also.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #1316
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI
Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingohio View Post
Well Ricks gun is a python its a 357 magnum [I only know this because I Have an obsession with that gun], slighly weaker than the 44 magnum. I have shot a few deer,hogs, and grounhogs with a 357, It at close range [inside of 25 yds] Would most likely have hae smashed up a bit of the bone sround the entrence would, deforming it a good bit but not blowing a hollywood hole it it. I doubt it would have had enough energy to pop his head like a grape [But the bones inside would be a mess from the overpressure of that hot round coming through].

Ohio ed in season two they had shown daryle making bolts for his crossbow, aleast presumably thats what he was doin by de-barking sticks and splitting bird feathers. He showed up with wooden bolts later on, signaling to me that had to be what he was doing. I didnt notice this season if he had carbon or allumnum bolts, but he could have found them scavenging in rural georgia is its anything like here, There are prolly 5 guys on my street that have a crossbow and a dozen or so bolts
Would i want a crossbow in that situation yes and no- I wouldnt go room to room with it, but it could be highly useful in other situations
Crossbows are becoming increasingly common in Michigan because they can now be used by anyone during bow season. So I'm thinking Daryl's choice of weapon requires skill and patience but is very effective. He can make bolts, retrieve them, they're much more silent than a gunshot, and I think I've seen him go all Legolas and stab some walkers with bolt in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Since the season is over for now....

I'd arm myself with my .22 rifle, a few handguns - especially my .44 Mag - and a sword. I have a decent rapier, but it would have to be sharpened. I'd also carry my deceased grandfather's knife that I use for destroying everything that I can't destroy with a gun. It's a heavy bastard and would be my weapon of last resort. My .22 weighs like 7lbs max and everything else I listed is inconsequential, so I think I'd reasonably be able to carry those weapons and the required ammo for long period of time without sacrificing free movement.

I have a .30-30 that's dead accurate and also fairly light, so between the .22 and that one it's a toss up really. I'd carry both if I could just to give me more options in regards to scavenged ammo.
I'd take a .22 rifle and a .22 pistol. They're light, easy to shoot, ammo is light and abundant. I'd also want a GLOCK 9mm since 9mm rounds are also common and GLOCKs are some of the most reliable handguns around. I'd carry a big knife and machete (like what they use to cut through bamboo) and if I had could manage to carry an AK-47, that'd be my assault weapon of choice.

It's just too bad real life isn't like Fallout where you only have to worry about weight rather than space. Or make friends with a docile Mutant and make him carry all your stuff (including a couple of miniguns).

Brewkowski Likes This 
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #1317
GunnyB
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

Avoiding the use of the tank was likely due to production costs. A tank, cruising the streets of Atlanta, with actors in its proximity? The insurance for that scene would be insane. Besides, starting and driving a tank has a bit of a learning curve attached.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #1318
dudius

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Big Rapids, MI
Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyB View Post
Avoiding the use of the tank was likely due to production costs. A tank, cruising the streets of Atlanta, with actors in its proximity? The insurance for that scene would be insane. Besides, starting and driving a tank has a bit of a learning curve attached.
Not to mention the series would be over already

Honestly, I'm waiting for someone to find out that North America is the only place with zombies and then North Korea get's to finally nuke the hell out of the US.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #1319
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Well with the break in the show till February, I thought I would check netflix and see if the movie that really put zombies on the map was listed.
Night of the living dead isn't on netflix!! I've seen the show many times but it's a classic horror flick and always fun to watch. It is what makes the step away from reality a lot smaller for the walking dead. We've been use to zombies since '68!
It's on comcast's on demand list, but I don't want to pay $3 for a 44 year old movie.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #1320
JohnnyO

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Hamden, CT
Liked 917 Times on 857 Posts

Any details on how they actually caught Daryl? Did I miss that? Seems like he's a guy who wouldn't be caught too easily.