The Walking dead - Page 124 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Walking dead

Old 12-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #1231
Brewkowski

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Chicago area
Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

I think that's all part of the pleasure of viewing, choosing whether to be a more passive or active viewer. Some will choose to focus on how cool all the headshots are, others may point out the probability. Either way, no harm no foul, just commentary.

I tried to get my wife to watch it, but it just happened to be the scene in the first season with the legless zombie crawling after Rick in the park. That pretty much sealed the deal for her not watching it.

Charles Bukowski

Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #1232
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Liked 828 Times on 497 Posts

So...I thought it was interesting that Michonne seemed to be pleading for Rick to allow her to come with them at the end when she said, "you need me".

According to the writer, when he was on The Talking Dead following the show, they cut out a part of that exchange when Rick looked at her and paused. They originally had her quietly say "please". The writer thought it wasn't subtle enough so they cut it.

I guess they are trying to portray her as less of a loner.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #1233
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Bloody hell, I know people need to be careful of spoilers on this thread, but WTF man!? Luckily for me I have now gotten all caught up before I came back here.
I figured that everyone avoided this thread until they see the new show since this thread talks about the show.
I know that being on the West coast, I can't read this until I see it because the East cost sees it three hours sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGVT View Post
So...I thought it was interesting that Michonne seemed to be pleading for Rick to allow her to come with them at the end when she said, "you need me".

According to the writer, when he was on The Talking Dead following the show, they cut out a part of that exchange when Rick looked at her and paused. They originally had her quietly say "please". The writer thought it wasn't subtle enough so they cut it.

I guess they are trying to portray her as less of a loner.
I thought that part was kind of funny since they know that lots of the people who watch the show also watch the talking dead.
They cut it, then he says it so it might as well have been on the show.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #1234
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Liked 828 Times on 497 Posts

Quote:
I thought that part was kind of funny since they know that lots of the people who watch the show also watch the talking dead.
They cut it, then he says it so it might as well have been on the show.
Yeah. I thought the same thing.

I enjoy The Talking Dead, though. They have some fun with what is essentially a fun show and I like getting some perspective from the cast and writers as well as seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff. When it comes back in February it is going to be an hour long.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #1235
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Liked 2178 Times on 1368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGVT View Post
When it comes back in February it is going to be an hour long.
i've been saying it should be an hour-long show this since they started Talking Dead. get rid of Comic Book Boymen

and I SOOO wanted a copy of that print they had behind Chris Harwick last season of Sophia coming out of the barn. that was awesome

and best thing is that the BigHair (SWMBO) loved it too and would not object to hanging it in our house

by gosh, I love that woman... she's a keeper

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie

Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #1236
MalFet
/bɪər nɜrd/
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2010
NYC / Kathmandu
Liked 1474 Times on 975 Posts

I don't know why everyone keeps whining about the shooting accuracy. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than an zombie head.

People Like This 
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #1237
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Sterling, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFet View Post
I don't know why everyone keeps whining about the shooting accuracy. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than an zombie head.
nerd

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie

Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #1238
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFet View Post
Two google searches for me for such a short post!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #1239
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Sterling, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Two google searches for me for such a short post!
not a nerd if you didn't get the reference

Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1240
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd View Post
not a nerd if you didn't get the reference
Did you know that the Douglas Adams book Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency was based on a story he wrote For Doctor Who when Tom Baker was The Doctor?