I have a wonderful select wine kit, red blend, from MW, been fermenting for 7 days pretty actively, slowed down quite a bit now and took the reading (since it is supposed to be time to rack to secondary). Looks like it is a 1.016 @ 73 degrees F. Should I wait a bit more before racking (instructions say wait to 1.010.
Just a FYI update on the progress of this kit. I went ahead and left it for another week and checked gravity today. it is a 1.000. Missed the whole 1.010 stage. Racked it to secondary and leaving it alone for 10 days until it reaches .098/.096. I could go ahead and add the stabilizers but leaving it a bit. Let it clear a bit and then adding the stabilizing agents and whatnot for the next stage.