Starsan band? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Starsan band?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Hernando

Recipes 

May 2011
Denver, CO
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Have been soaking my primary (better bottle) for a few hours while I ran errands. I came back to find the star San floating about 1/3 the way up. Bottle
Was really clean prior to the starsan addition. Was wondering if this is normal or happened to anyone else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-99494154.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	35671
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
jaycount

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Wichita, Kansas
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Hmmm no. Is that foam on top or do all of your starsan soln's look milky?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
Hernando

Recipes 

May 2011
Denver, CO
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Well that isn't the top, that is towards the bottom and then the band then more water above the band. It is milky and I have never had this issue. I ended up dumping this recleaning again and re sanitizing.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Reason: iPhone sux for typing.