Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Oktoberfest Oct 15th

Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Cypress, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Doing an Oktoberfest party in my backyard this coming saturday. Any HBT person is invited in the area or further if you are crazy enought to drive. I live in NW Houston. 4pm till 12 midnight (hopefully)

Any ideas anybody wants to spittball through them at me. One of the last things I am trying to come up with is a tub that holds the kegs and somehow hold the platci mugs to keep them cold. I was thinking of a water trough. So far what I got going is:

Food:
Smoker Pit with pork ribs, brats, sausage, kraut, onions peppers served in catering wire racks on a table under a popup. Pretzels, salty and sweet in the racks

Beer:
Two oktoberfests been aging way to long. Ive been skimming a bit waiting for the party. Two wheats that arent the best. Some commercial okts bottles in ice tubs. Water, BMC and juice paks for the kids.

Stuff to do:
Got some platic okt bibs, some people might dress up (I am) a jump house for kids, a beer tent with 3x wooden picnic tables with light for later, lifesize cutout of german guy and gril to stick your head in for a picture. Hoeshoes and washers. Radio with some polka :-)
* I wanna do a keg toss, but me thinks the SWMBO might shut it down.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
rhamilton
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Austin, Texas
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

Sounds like a blast!
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Cypress, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess I will just stick the four kegs in a rolling trash can. I should be able to fit them all in it.