Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > First time brewing. Bitter taste out of Primary, is something wrong?

Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #11
msharki
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just wanted to update this thread. This past weekend, I got the chance to bottle my Pumpkin Ale. I stole a sample before bottling and was pleasantly surprised. It tasted pretty damn good. That bitter taste is completely gone and for being room temperature flat beer it's perfectly drinkable. I bottled it priming with 2/3 cup brown sugar, so I hope everything goes well during conditioning. I had to abandon my idea of using lactose sugar during bottling. It does not behave like regular sugar and I could not get it to liquefy enough to mix properly. This is definitely a sugar that needs to be added during the boil. I'll update again after conditioning and let the board know how it turned out.