Great GF Pale Ale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHomebrewConnection

Reaction score
Just thought we'd should share this recipe with all Gluten Free beer drinkers. We call this an "all grain" recipe even with the addition of sorghum because it used 10 lbs of red millet.

10 lbs Colorado Malting Co's Cracked Red Millet (see site below)
3 lbs Sorghum 60 DL
1 lb Flaked Corn

1 oz Magnum (bittering)
3/4 oz Perle (bittering)
2 oz Willamette (flavor and aroma)
1 oz Whole leaf Cascade (dry hop)

Whirlfloc tab
Nottingham Ale Yeast

We mashed the millet and flaked corn with a step mash at 155 F, 160 F and 165 F. Sparge till 6.5 gal collected. Bring wort to a boil, add Magnum and Perle hops for full boil. At 30 min into boil add sorghum and whirlfloc tab. 45 min into boil add 1 oz Willamette hops. At 60 min stop boil and add 1 oz Willamette. Cool and pitch yeast. In secondary add 1 oz whole leaf cascades and an optional gelatin finings to clarify a bit more... Then bottle and enjoy!

Like I said above, this GF beer is amazing and tastes like other pale ales made from regular brewing grains! Worth a shot.

10 lbs Colorado Malting Co's Cracked Red Millet (see site below)

Sooner I can get this stuff in Australia the better. Recipe looks good, but I'd say it's the malt that would really make it.

it is brand new to our inventory! The site that is up is not up to date. Soon we will have a new website with a shopping cart included! We offer white millet, red millet and german pilsner millet all malted in a Gluten free facility here in Colorado. Call for any orders and thanks for the interest!
(970) 249-4683

For an introductory rate to our millet we will be offering it at $1.75 lb and are limiting orders to 10 lbs due to short supply... however, more will be on the way! Prices could also change.

Back