The problem I keep running into is clogs in the line from the MT and vapor in the BK lines during the boil. The problem with the MT seems to be with the false bottom because I can take the line from the HLT and 'blow' it loose. I have some theories on the BK but they are educated guesses at best.
I know the pumps aren't ideally mounted, they were that way when I bought the rig. That is one of many changes I want to make. Not shown: I have replaced the small pot on the left with a keggle and have a second keggle that will replace the cooler and a 40 plate Duda Diesel chiller.
Here is a list of things I want (and need) to change so I can maybe save some of you some typing.
1) I want a third burner where the MT is and make it a HERMS/RIMS system (haven't made up my mind but am leaning to RIMS)
2) I want to horizontally mount the pumps and add a water shield
3) I want a bottom tray that I can use to hold stuff such as my plate chiller
4) While I am still doing 5 gal. batches, the end goal in all of this is to start doing 10 gal. batches
5) I want to move the switches for the pumps to somewhere where I don't worry about getting shocked.
Basically, I have a solid foundation for a really sweet rig. It just needs a little more to really get to where I want it.
As for the silicone tubing, it always seems to tear right around where the fittings are. Of the four lengths I have, I have had four leaks. I am somewhere around 15 brews with those hoses so its not like they are old and getting brittle.