Can I Convert this Danby Fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhoz

Reaction score
Do you guys think I can convert this Danby DAR259BL MiniFridge into a kegerator? It's dimensions are:

Unit width 17 5/8"
Unit depth 20"
Unit height 27"

4d294yb.jpg

I know the Sanyo 4912 works best, but the Danby is a cheap craigslist find.

Thanks

Its not gonna be wide enough for two kegs. The 4912 is listed as like 23" width and it just BARELY fits 2 kegs side by side.

Well-- you might be able to get 2 in there since they don't have to sit right side by side. Since they are cylindrical, they could stagger in. In fact, a rough sketch I just did on graph paper indicates that it might be possible to get 3 corney's in the described floorspace (given that those are interior mesaurements on a flat floor) by setting all 3 touching one another and pressed in at a little bit of an angle.

Are those interior dimensions or exterior? that makes a huge difference.

The dimensions are the specs listed on Danby's website. I'm 99% sure they are exterior dimensions.

They are external dimensions. The 4912's are listed as 23" wide, yet are only like 19" wide on the inside. You can stagger it, but remember you have to account for the hump in the back there. You wont get full use of the bottom space, only the front 2/3rd's or so. You would lose some space to the shelves in the front... unless they were remoed. Also, you will be on your own with drilling the hole...the sanyo's are documented on where to drill. (and they look better ;) )

Latest posts

Back