Vector Logo help? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Vector Logo help?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 51,498
Liked 3515 Times on 3328 Posts



I was wondering if anyone would like to help out with a logo? I have one that Bobby_M made me a couple years ago, but would like something more "swag" friendly. This image below is the style of guy I'm looking for. The rounded Stick figure. The Brewery name is Furnace Room Brewing. My thought is a guy like this with a scoop shovel, possibly feeding a fire/furnace. I'd like something that can hold itself out there with 1-2 colors. Any help is appreciated. I'd like Vector so I could scale as needed. Nothing commercial will be done with this. Possibly some glasses for home, maybe t-shirts for personal and friends at some point in life, and images for the bar/walls in my basement.
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Posts: 59,265
Liked 7703 Times on 6288 Posts


Image link fail.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 51,498
Liked 3515 Times on 3328 Posts


Not fail, just complete omission. The guy behind the Men's Room banner is the one in reference.

__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Posts: 59,265
Liked 7703 Times on 6288 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Not fail, just complete omission. The guy behind the Men's Room banner is the one in reference.


GIMP to it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Ace_Club
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Chicago, IL
Posts: 43,844
Liked 2385 Times on 2187 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I was wondering if anyone would like to help out with a logo? I have one that Bobby_M made me a couple years ago, but would like something more "swag" friendly. This image below is the style of guy I'm looking for. The rounded Stick figure. The Brewery name is Furnace Room Brewing. My thought is a guy like this with a scoop shovel, possibly feeding a fire/furnace. I'd like something that can hold itself out there with 1-2 colors. Any help is appreciated. I'd like Vector so I could scale as needed. Nothing commercial will be done with this. Possibly some glasses for home, maybe t-shirts for personal and friends at some point in life, and images for the bar/walls in my basement.
Is it a two- or three-vessel furnace?
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

Where are guys? - Ginger

Eat a bag of kittens, Ace. - Yooper

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
MGates
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Newark, DE
Posts: 8

I'd be willing to help, if Ace Club isn't already planning to help out. I like to make logos on my free-time in Inkscape (opensource vector prog, similar to Illustrator). If you wanted to try it out yourself, you can try playing around in Inkscape, thats how I got started making logos and designing 3-4 years ago. Shoot me a PM or something if ya still need help.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
Ace_Club
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Chicago, IL
Posts: 43,844
Liked 2385 Times on 2187 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MGates View Post
I'd be willing to help, if Ace Club isn't already planning to help out. I like to make logos on my free-time in Inkscape (opensource vector prog, similar to Illustrator). If you wanted to try it out yourself, you can try playing around in Inkscape, thats how I got started making logos and designing 3-4 years ago. Shoot me a PM or something if ya still need help.
Have at it, I was just being a smart ass.
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

Where are guys? - Ginger

Eat a bag of kittens, Ace. - Yooper

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 51,498
Liked 3515 Times on 3328 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MGates View Post
I'd be willing to help, if Ace Club isn't already planning to help out. I like to make logos on my free-time in Inkscape (opensource vector prog, similar to Illustrator). If you wanted to try it out yourself, you can try playing around in Inkscape, thats how I got started making logos and designing 3-4 years ago. Shoot me a PM or something if ya still need help.
I'd love some help. Trust me, nobody else posting in this thread is here to help.


********.
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
ReuFroman
 
ReuFroman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 240
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts


Did you get your logo yet? What program do you have to view the final vector logo? What are you putting it on?
__________________
--------------------
It's ok to stare at my kegs! Just don't touch them!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 51,498
Liked 3515 Times on 3328 Posts


No logo yet. I have GIMP and inkscape. I'd want to use it for a variety of things from glasses to tshirts to a large copy in my bar somewhere.
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vector and Clip Art for beer ingredients? nickmv Label Display & Discussion 2 07-07-2010 12:11 AM
Logo and name... Brocster Label Display & Discussion 1 05-08-2010 01:41 AM
Hop Vector Drawings BSBrewer Label Display & Discussion 9 03-30-2010 11:35 PM
Vector Assistance IrregularPulse Label Display & Discussion 10 12-15-2009 12:38 AM
Vector Magic is AWESOME Boerderij_Kabouter Label Display & Discussion 6 03-31-2008 08:02 PM


Forum Jump