I love my job!!! - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I love my job!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
rhamilton
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Austin, Texas
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBen View Post
But apparently, it is OK to admit it on the internet?
I'm not too concerned. If a jack and coke will get me fired in Austin, I don't want to work for them anyways.

Probably have a lawsuit as wine is sometimes provided at certain catered lunches.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
cruckin78
Recipes 

Sep 2010
Monticello, Tallahassee, FL
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I'd have way too many half days with a place like that nearby
I know it's tough....I pass it every day....sadly....on my way into work...However, I am going there for lunch Friday with a friend.....

Just 1 Westmalle Triple wont hurt right?

Excessive Hoppyness Brewing
Tap 1: Falling Leaf Oktoberfest Ale
Tap 2:Kickback Chcoclate Stout
Kegged:Cold Night Winter Warmer
Primary 1: American Amber Ale
Primary 2: American Amber Ale
Primary 3:
Coming up:
Bottled:nothing :(

Excessive Hoppyness Brew Pub
Beer Reviews, and Brewery Updates!
www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com <----NEW REVIEWS ADDED!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
rhamilton
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Austin, Texas
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

I worked in a R&D department at my last tech job which was way less professional than my current job. 3PM on Fridays they provided beer and you could bring in whatever you wanted -- everyone kept it in moderation so it was never a problem.

Most engineers had a bottle of something hard in their office. It came out from time to time.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3460 Times on 3281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruckin78 View Post
I know it's tough....I pass it every day....sadly....on my way into work...However, I am going there for lunch Friday with a friend.....

Just 1 Westmalle Triple wont hurt right?
Actually, it would be quite the opposite of hurting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamilton View Post
I worked in a R&D department at my last tech job which was way less professional than my current job. 3PM on Fridays they provided beer and you could bring in whatever you wanted -- everyone kept it in moderation so it was never a problem.

Most engineers had a bottle of something hard in their office. It came out from time to time.
That's awesome. It would take a certain group of employees to responsibly handle it.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #15
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4859 Times on 3275 Posts

I usually have 2-3 swallows of homebrew after eating lunch before heading back to work. Not enough to be noticeable, but enough to wash down my food.

I'd love to be allowed a full glass of beer at lunch, but it's against policy, and I don't know if I'll be asked to drive a forlift or operate a molding machine.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
johnodon
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Douglassville, PA
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts

A few years ago there were 4 - 5 of us at my work that were hardcore. What I mean is that 5 hour lunches were a regular occurrence...even in the middle of the week. The one day (I vaguely remember), we had 6 pitchers of double Margaritas between the 4 of us (and that was after 2 3 beers). That was an interesting day. My buddy fell asleep in his car in the parking lot at work and his wife called me ~6:00pm that night asking if I knew where he was.

We have never really been that tightly managed at work (fyi...I am in a tech position) if anyone is wondering).

A wife and 2 kids later things have definitely settled down. LOL

John

Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
ArcaneXor

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 117 Times on 104 Posts

Of my two employers, one "neither encourages nor condemns the consumption of alcoholic beverages", but doesn't allow possession on premises without approval. The other has a kegerator.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
JJL

Recipes 

Feb 2010
, WI
Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts

I know I've wanted to a number of times. My company is right across the street from a local brewpub. When the wind is blowing from the right direction I can smell the mash. Makes my mouth water. mmmmmm

Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #19
kevinrmclean
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Brunswick, GA

Self-employed and in sales. So yes the 11 AM beer lunches happen fairly often.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #20
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts

I would be out of a job in a big hurry if I drank at lunch. Or any other part of the workday.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett