Neoprene covers for your Erlenmeyer Flasks FREE SHIPPING

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/product448.html

Not sure why I can't post a picture here but these are a new product I came up with a while ago and wanted to share.

These are for your 1000ml and 2000ml small mouth Erlenmeyer flasks.

These are designed to help block out the light, help maintain constant temps from sitting on your counter and helps protect them from getting broken if they accidentally get hit. I have been using these for a while now and love them.

For all you here at HBT I am going to ship these free (USA only) to the first 20 people that buy 2 or more.

Respond to this thread and I will PM you a promo code.

Cheers
Jay

Flask Coozie! I love the idea, but I have no flasks that require covering. I'd be in for a few if I did tho!

I'd want a 5L one.

Why would we care about light exposure on a starter however? That's for hopped wort.

Jay, you see that ^^^^? One more guy that uses a 5L flask!

sorry shameless jab...back to your regular scheduled thread.

How about one for a 3L flask? I have one 2L and one 3L flask. I'd love one for each. If you can't adapt one to a 3L flask, then I'd be down for two (maybe three). Send the code and I'll order tonight. :rockin:

LMAO.... Yeah I am working on a 5L one at the moment. Should be on the site here in a week or so.....
How about one for a 3L flask? I have one 2L and one 3L flask. I'd love one for each. If you can't adapt one to a 3L flask, then I'd be down for two (maybe three). Send the code and I'll order tonight. :rockin:
Golddiggie I dont have any 3L flasks to build the pattern bud, Sorry.

Thanks for all the orders guys there are still free shipping codes to be had....

Cheers
Jay

Are those designed to fit both 1L and 2L flasks with the same item? Send me the code and I'll order a pair... I'll let you know what changes to make it fit the 3L flask... :rockin:

Saw that last night. Didn't see a way to order the 2L version (no 'add to cart' or 'order' button. I'm looking for two so that one can go on my 2L flask and then we can tweak the other to fit the 3L flask.

Can you explain the benefit? Like mentioned, starters are unhopped so light isn't a huge deal and I doubt this cover is really going to insulate much to help keep steady temps if the ambient air around is fluctuating. I'm not saying they're not useful, just curious how.

Light and heat aside, I would use them more for the lack of having to worry so much about breaking glass/pyrex. Then again, there are probably a number of folks who aren't as "bull-in-a-china-shop" as I am.

Can you explain the benefit? Like mentioned, starters are unhopped so light isn't a huge deal and I doubt this cover is really going to insulate much to help keep steady temps if the ambient air around is fluctuating. I'm not saying they're not useful, just curious how.

I'm curious too.

I started using these because I am a yeast harvester. I harvest from hopped beer in the bottle and from the bottom of my fermenters where there are a fair amount of hops in the mix. So to be conscious of that, I created these. As for the insulating factor. Don't get me wrong guys its not like your adding R38 to your flask, but it is adding some..How much you ask? 2MM worth ;) Just 1 more level of protection in the quest for the perfect fermentation.....

Cheers
Jay

2L widemouth please

-=Jason=-
Jason
I would love to make these for the wide mouth jars but I am not finding a good supplier for the flask themselves, that I can buy for the retail store. I am thinking of buying a few just to make the covers for them so stay posted for that.

Cheers
Jay

Jason
I would love to make these for the wide mouth jars but I am not finding a good supplier for the flask themselves, that I can buy for the retail store. I am thinking of buying a few just to make the covers for them so stay posted for that.

Cheers
Jay

yeah I scored mine from USABluebook.com its a pyrex brand and seems well built.

-=Jason=-

I'd want a 5L one.

Why would we care about light exposure on a starter however? That's for hopped wort.

The 5000 is made and ready to buy............ I just dont have a price on them yet...:D:D:D LOL
Give me till tomorrow eve....:mug:
Jay

Ok Well the 5000 will be on the website tomorrow sometime....
Cost....15.99 ea
These things are huge...
Thanks for all the orders guys/gals

Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back