About AB InBev trying to take over beer - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > About AB InBev trying to take over beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Yuri_Rage's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2006
Southwest
Posts: 14,291
Liked 813 Times on 514 Posts


Cut and paste from this site:

http://aleheads.com/2011/09/27/the-big-deal/#more-11204
__________________
Homebrewed Blog..........YouTube Channel .......... Shirts, posters, etc

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
If they buy up . . . my homebrew . . . I will get on the bandwagon.
This is inspired. I'm off to write a letter to AB/InBev now, suggesting terms for their acquisition of Singing Boys Brewing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
Goaltender66
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Oak Hill, VA
Posts: 19

Good article but I disagree with the conclusion. If you're a big corporation you don't have to bust into a market by brewing the same low-volume low-margin brews. If this conglomerate is as big as represented, it will be the largest single purchaser of raw materials (hops, malt) in the world. With revenue/acre for barley already lower than other crops (here in the US you make money growing corn, not barley...), it's a valid path for AB InBev to sign even more exclusive purchase agreements with growers/maltsters (which will be used since AB InBev is apparently going after some of the BRICs markets and other emerging economies). So what happens to craft brewers when they can no longer get raw material for their products because AB InBev is vertically integrated....?


 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
Zamial
 
Zamial's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
WI
Posts: 3,183
Liked 178 Times on 158 Posts


Just more reasons to brew my own and not buy BMC products.
__________________
I'm not drunk, I'm from Wisconsin.
We have been out drinking your state since 1848!

Paps Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #15
thedude00
 
thedude00's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Staten Island, New York
Posts: 431
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Yes said " Found this surfing the web thought you guy may think its interesting"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #16
Sardoman
Recipes 
 
May 2010
Philadelphia
Posts: 241
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


+1 Bmorebrew
+1 Goaltender

Vertical integration and political pressure can still be brought to bear on craft brewers.

I would add also, that most craft brew drinkers do not "boycott" the companies making BMC so much as simply choose to drink better beer. Therefore, if the big boy(s) continue buying up craft breweries and the locals continue to make a decent brew after being acquired, people will continue to buy it. Period.

This world where craft beer drinkers are united in economic opposition to particular corporations is a fiction.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Yuri_Rage's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2006
Southwest
Posts: 14,291
Liked 813 Times on 514 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude00 View Post
Yes said " Found this surfing the web thought you guy may think its interesting"
Give credit where it's due.
__________________
Homebrewed Blog..........YouTube Channel .......... Shirts, posters, etc

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #18
redjameskidd
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Posts: 4

Glad you guys like our site. I think Brother Barley made a very good argument, although Goaltender raises an interesting point about raw materials. We shall have to see. But by all means, subscribe to the site--I don't know of a lot of other beer blogs that offer in-depth op-ed analysis of such things, or at least analysis based on fact.

- Kid Carboy Jr.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #19
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Los Angeles
Posts: 8,216
Liked 492 Times on 397 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude00 View Post
Yes said " Found this surfing the web thought you guy may think its interesting"
When you copy something wholesale that someone else created without giving any credit to the creator, you are STEALING THEIR WORK. You are also violating their copyright which is against the law.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
thedude00
 
thedude00's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Staten Island, New York
Posts: 431
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
When you copy something wholesale that someone else created without giving any credit to the creator, you are STEALING THEIR WORK. You are also violating their copyright which is against the law.
Frist of all never tried to take credit for this, never said this is what i wrote. I was on my cell easer for me to copy the story and past it was not able to copy the link. "Found this surfing the web thought you guy may think its interesting" did say anything that i wrote this. You right it is against the law to " take credit or make a profit off of a copy right item. Didnt do either. Plus on this article there is no copy right stamp. Just wanted to share some thing i enjoyed reading.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AB-InBev fights to prevent HB602 from becoming law coryforsenate General Beer Discussion 57 05-13-2011 11:53 PM
Anheuser-Busch / Inbev Merger proxy vote truckmann General Beer Discussion 7 10-15-2008 01:41 PM
Uh-Oh, Monoply? (A-B Bid by InBev) HenryHill General Beer Discussion 18 06-18-2008 06:49 PM
Hold On InBev, maybe you won't be able to buy AB jiffybrew General Beer Discussion 13 06-14-2008 09:18 PM
Belgian Beer Giant Inbev to bid for Anheuser-Busch? gonzoflick General Beer Discussion 0 05-23-2008 08:06 PM


Forum Jump