Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > I get to build a bar/brewery!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Cimerian
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default I get to build a bar/brewery!!!!

So my oldest son moves out(finally). My youngest son moves to his room and frees up a bedroom. My GF decides she wants to make it some kind of reading room? Anyways as long as I agree to move guitars and amps to that room from the computer room I now get to start building a brewery/bar room instead of a reading room. It's a small room only a 10X12. I threw into the bargain that I would take the kitchen island and move it in there and get her a new kitchen island. Ideas on the build? I've started fermentation chamber plans already. A fermentation chamber(to be built) right behind the bar(old kitchen island) with a closet to store ingredients. I'm stoked about building this up but realistic that it may take a few weeks or months. I actually did get 4 bar stools this weekend though. They need complete redoing.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
SarahMatt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

That sounds awesome! As soon as I started brewing my plans got bigger. Right about that time my younger sister moved in and took over my spare room!! It would have been a beautiful thing. The garage will work....for now!
Sarah.

Here's to the girl in the little red shoes,
she'll take all your money & drink all your brews!
She doesn't have her cherry, but that's not a sin;
she still has the box that her cherry came in

Old 09-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Lucky_Chicken
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What are you wanting to do for the brewery? How big of a system, how much fermentation space, beer storage...? I think 10x12 would be a great size!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
PA49erFan21
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 14

That's awesome. Now comes the challenging part of designing it. Have any ideas (as far as a layout of the plan)? I have the luxury of knowing the next house we are purchasing in advance and therefore have been drawing up plans for the finished basement which includes a bar area and brewery. It helps that I do this sort of thing for a living too.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
DrDarwin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA49erFan21 View Post
That's awesome. Now comes the challenging part of designing it. Have any ideas (as far as a layout of the plan)? I have the luxury of knowing the next house we are purchasing in advance and therefore have been drawing up plans for the finished basement which includes a bar area and brewery. It helps that I do this sort of thing for a living too.
What software do you use to plan your layout(s)?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4797 Times on 4682 Posts
Likes Given: 2877

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarwin View Post
What software do you use to plan your layout(s)?
Most folks around here tend to use Google Sketch-up.

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA
Randar, send me some of your hot fluids, so that I can put them in my mouth.-TowsonTiger22
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.-Ace_Club

Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Cimerian
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsims21 View Post
What are you wanting to do for the brewery? How big of a system, how much fermentation space, beer storage...? I think 10x12 would be a great size!
I actually have no idea. I know I need to fit in a fermentation chamber and of course the bar so that will take up some room. The wife may get a new kitchen island out of it and if so I am going to use the butcherblock countertop from the old one as the bar top. Time to dust off the old woodworking tools.