Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Help finding a repair diagram for a Kelvinator Fridge

Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default Help finding a repair diagram for a Kelvinator Fridge

i have a kelvinator fridge downstairs and I want to drill a hole through the side so I can run beer lines and co2 lines out of it. My google fu is weak and ten minutes of searching turned up NADA. Please help!
Serial Number: 110R324326
Moderl number: tpk170rn1w

the coils are on the back so I know i would probably be fine, but I want to be 100% sure if its possible so I don't kill the fridge.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Cimerian
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Your fine. No fridges use coils in the outer area of the box. The coils are interior and central to both the freezer and the fridge.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
strumke
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just drilled through the top of an upright freezer, and went real slow to make sure I wasn't going to hit anything.

I started by using a dremel with a guard (I think it either came with the kit or was part of a grout clearing set). I used a small drill bit and popped a tiny hole just far enough to get through the metal. I then used the bit to keep popping little holes around it to make it large enough to poke around in the foam. After clearing enough foam from this 1/2" hole I then used the same guard and the general cutting bit (book says it's good for a few things including aluminum siding) to make the hole about 1".

At that point I continued to clear out foam with a sharpened chopstick and shop vac'd the loose stuff out until I was sure that there was nothing in the way. I measured the depth of the hole and determined that I was at the inside wall. Using a hole saw I cut through the last little bit and I was in. I then used the grinding stone to clean up the edges so they weren't sharp.

It all might have been a little overkill, but I'd rather spend an extra 20-30 min and not have a very heavy piece of trash to get rid of, and have to start over on a new freezer. I can post the part #'s for the dremel pieces if it would help.