Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > how long is to long

Old 09-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
redliner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default how long is to long

hey guys i just found a 6 gallon primary downstairs full of oktoberfest from april is it still good or just dump it?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Probably one of the best beers you've ever tasted. Bottle it and enjoy.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
poislb
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Really? how does thet even happen... Thats like finding a 20 in your pocket when your doing laundry.

Keg that up....Thats gonna be a good one

Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
beerrepository
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poislb
Really? how does thet even happen... Thats like finding a 20 in your pocket when your doing laundry.

This is what I want to know. I usually can't keep myself from wanting to rush the fermentation process let alone just forgetting about a beer altogether. Sounds like a great problem to have.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by poislb View Post

It's called life.... I just bottled my Extra Strong Bitter that I brewed at Natl Home Brew day the first week of May.... Between then and now I did a complete rehab on the condo I am now living in...

I had another beer in primary for over 6 months before. One of the best beers I've ever brewed.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
redliner
Recipes 

just been a busy time everytime i thought to bottle something came up. ill bottle it this wk and have it ready 4 october lol

Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
McRedimus
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I second revvy's reply that it will probably be one of the best you have ever tasted. I would mix in some pruning sugar for carbonation and bottle.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2041 Times on 1267 Posts
Likes Given: 2919

I have a batch in the primary (a plastic fermentation bucket) for about 6 weeks now. Never gone that long before and am in no hurry to get it kegged/bottled. Maybe my own stubborn way of pushing the standards.. I think it will be ok though. Probably find out around Christmas!