Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Grainger for regulator

Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Sacreddog717
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Grainger for regulator

I have access to a huge discount at Grainger and was looking to get a regulator setup for kegging. I'd like to have a dual setup so I can have 2 different pressures. What do I need to look for in a regulator to make sure it works for beer dispensing? Any things I should avoid? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1640 Times on 1315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacreddog717 View Post
I have access to a huge discount at Grainger and was looking to get a regulator setup for kegging. I'd like to have a dual setup so I can have 2 different pressures. What do I need to look for in a regulator to make sure it works for beer dispensing? Any things I should avoid? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
fwiw, I just checked the Grainger web site and it doesn't appear that they carry a dual regulator for CO2.

Other than being compatible with CO2, of course, you want the two regulators to provide up to at least 40psi each with reasonably legible gauges. You'd also want each regulator to have a positive down-stream shut-off valve, ideally with integrated check valves, and either barbed nipples or MFL threads (I prefer the latter). Finally, having pressure release valves for each body is a handy feature...

Cheers!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
illnastyimpreza
Recipes 

dood It would have to be a HUGE discount.... granger is the most expensive store IN THE WORLD !
primary 4:empty
Kegerator: empty
bottled: Never again... I hate bottling

Primary stirrer and yeast pitcher: my Girlfriend :)