Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Great Lakes Brewfest

Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
mobly99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Great Lakes Brewfest

Is anyone going to the Great Lakest Brewfest in Racine WI today?
I have never been before but it looks pretty awesome. (http://greatlakesbrewfest.com)

Had 4 entries in the Schooner Homebrew Competition this year and part of the reason I'm going to GLBF is to pick up my score sheets from the competition. I struck out on all 4, this was only my 3rd competition and the first that I didn't ribbon in. Looking forward to the feedback though and tasting lots of commercial microbrews that I haven't had the opportunity to try before.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
gungorr
Recipes 

Any word when the score sheet will be mailed out? Or the results posted?

I have 4 entries this year.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
mobly99

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think they were going to post the results shortly after the BOS that happens tonight. Probably mailing out sometime after that as well. Everything was all enveloped and ready to go at the Brewfest just needed postage.

The names of the 1st, 2nd 3rd place winners per flight were already posted on Facebook, but not what place they took.

Two of my beers did pretty well, a Vanilla Bourbon Porter got a 39.5 and an honorable mention, a Saison got a 34.5 and my hefeweizen and blonde both got 29s.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
gungorr
Recipes 

Thanks for the Facebook info, I had 4 entries and two of the four earned medals. My cider to first and 2nd place best in show. And my imperial vanilla bourbon porter is in the top 3 for special beers. It would be really sweet to land BiS and brew a beer at rock bottom.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4834 Times on 4712 Posts
Likes Given: 2950

It was a good time. Last year I thought the brewery selection was a little better but this venue was actually pretty good and the VIP pre-entry and hour of crowd-free tastings was worth it (although I over-served myself in that first hour and had to really slow my roll after that). The cheese and sausage line left a little to be deserved.

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA
Randar, send me some of your hot fluids, so that I can put them in my mouth.-TowsonTiger22
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.-Ace_Club

Old 09-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
mobly99

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Next year i will do the VIP ticket too, they were sold out by the time I decided that I was going for sure.

Congrats, gungorr, and let me know what your score was for the Vanilla Bourbon Porter when you get your score sheets back. Just curious how mine would have done numbers wise in 23A, I entered it in 21A this time for kicks since it previously won in 23A in another show.