Lets all drop the SWMBO. - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Lets all drop the SWMBO.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #101
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts


Hear hear.

I ust don't use it because it sounds odd to me...

Swimbo

Swimbo

Plus I am proud to call my wife my wife.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #102
MyNameIsPaul
 
MyNameIsPaul's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Tomball, TX
Posts: 1,093
Liked 161 Times on 132 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal

Plus I am proud to call my wife my wife.
Word.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #103
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,921
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts


Lol....This thread and the 'show us your swmbo' thread were the 1 and 2 threads in New posts just now.
__________________
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #104
shafferpilot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
shafferpilot's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
Cincinnati OH
Posts: 1,579
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts


I think of my wife as she who must be obeyed because, well, she should!

NOT because she's a scary aweful person, but because that is the deal we made to each other when we got married. If she looks me in the eye and says, "I don't want you to do that." I obey because I love and respect her, and I trust her to help guide me to a better life. And it goes both ways. There are times when I have to grab her and say, "Cut that out, you are embarrassing us and I want you to zip it." And ya know what? she does it and thanks me later.

THAT is an important part of a REAL partnership! Not just the loving supportive feel good Hallmark channel fluff.
__________________
A great man knows that he knows NOTHING

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #105
funkapottomous
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Houston, Texas
Posts: 630
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by shafferpilot View Post
"Cut that out, you are embarrassing us and I want you to zip it."
I'm sure that goes over swimmingly.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #106
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 51,437
Liked 3509 Times on 3324 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by shafferpilot View Post
I think of my wife as she who must be obeyed because, well, she should!

NOT because she's a scary aweful person, but because that is the deal we made to each other when we got married. If she looks me in the eye and says, "I don't want you to do that." I obey because I love and respect her, and I trust her to help guide me to a better life. And it goes both ways. There are times when I have to grab her and say, "Cut that out, you are embarrassing us and I want you to zip it." And ya know what? she does it and thanks me later.

THAT is an important part of a REAL partnership! Not just the loving supportive feel good Hallmark channel fluff.
The key is that it goes both ways and is not the norm. Unfortunately there are too many guys that obey as a dog would his master. A good example can bee seen on the recent page of the Masstoberfest Thread. That sir is sad. I'm not for dropping swmbo around here though. I am, however, for dropping literal swmbos based on my definition, not yours.
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #107
shafferpilot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
shafferpilot's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
Cincinnati OH
Posts: 1,579
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts


I will admit.... she has to do that to me a LOT more often than the other way around... but that's just cause I'm generally an idiot
__________________
A great man knows that he knows NOTHING

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #108
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Adams, MA
Posts: 20,916
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
The key is that it goes both ways and is not the norm. Unfortunately there are too many guys that obey as a dog would his master. A good example can bee seen on the recent page of the Masstoberfest Thread. That sir is sad. I'm not for dropping swmbo around here though. I am, however, for dropping literal swmbos based on my definition, not yours.
I think Paulie may be exaggerating a little. A *little*.
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 AM   #109
twst1up
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
west by god
Posts: 244
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Did you really just drop the "C" bomb (it ain't spelled with a K) in discussing how "SWMBO" is derogatory?....

You realize that when you describe someone as a "****," you're basically saying:

"The worst possible thing you could be is a woman's vagina."

And you find SWMBO derogatory?
^ No, this guy just doesn't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
I think the whole point of his post was that in his mind SWMBO = Kunt.
^Now this guy, he gets it. To elaborate: it's all disrespectful IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post

Newly Wed
^Sorry, i just don't get it...the longer you're married the less happy you are? I'm goin' on 11 years, and we were together 8 years before that. I think if i were to regret my decision it would have happened by now!

But like i said, when i hear it/see it here, i just think it's corny. I've actually gotten embarrassed for some of you guys.
__________________
you can take the boy outta New Jersey...

Reason: 'cause i do what i want, you don't know me! - sir eric cartman

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #110
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
arturo7's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Posts: 9,936
Liked 607 Times on 402 Posts


L the O fraggin L
__________________
Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets talk SLRs MikeFlynn74 General Chit Chat 26 03-03-2011 03:08 AM
And now lets look at today's Headlines. dexter_craig General Chit Chat 1 02-11-2008 05:37 PM
Lets See Your Holiday Lights! RichBrewer General Chit Chat 28 12-24-2007 02:32 AM
Lets not forget.... sause General Chit Chat 5 05-15-2007 04:15 AM
Lets set this straight G. Cretin General Chit Chat 4 08-07-2006 04:42 AM


Forum Jump