Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > New Kegerator Conversion Kit

Old 09-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
Cpt_Kirks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts

I use the "ratchet wrenches", that have a ratcheting mechanism built into the wrench. The posts just zip off.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #12
cheezemm
Recipes 

Default Moving Along Nicely

So I was reading through all the advice and threads out there about kegging until I found those extremely helpful youtube videos! Holy Crap, a wealth of information!

So....

1) The dreaded rootbeer keg has been re-rubbered and oxycleaned and rinsed
2) The other keg has all parts (including old o-rings) soaking in cleaner/sanitizer solution from my LHBS. I am going to try to salvage one set of O-rings so I have a spare.

Now, for the odd ball piece on all of this. Yesterday after getting the kegs torn apart, turned them upside down with lids off to dry. You guessed it one keg is taller than the other by approximately one inch. One is also approximately 1/4" wider in diameter. This is extremely important to me since I'm converting a danby 4.4 with limited space. I ordered ball locks, but am afraid I may've gotten a converted pin lock.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MY NOT YET PURCHASED DANBY (DAR440BL) WILL BE ABLE TO SQUEEZE THE TWO IN THERE? 8 1/4" and 8 1/2" in diameter!

Old 09-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
cheezemm
Recipes 

I measured the very bottoms...might have to measure higher up as the plastic molded bases may be differnt. Why does this stuff make me so panicky?

Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
Somebirs
Recipes 

I have subscribed to this thread so that I can go along for the ride and learn with you. I have three kegs from Keg Connection sitting in my living room. So far I haven't gotten the courage to start the process. This weekend will be my attempt to clean, sanitize, replace o rings, etc. I have a French strong ale in secondary that is ready to keg, but I am afraid to take the steps.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
cheezemm
Recipes 

Default More Updates

Well, getting the poppets out was fun I had to use a screw driver and a small hammer. Those things were locked in there tight! I'm assuming that's what a lot of soda/syrup will do. It didn't take long to get comfortable with the kegs and it really is pretty simple once you get down to it.

I will be getting my fridge soon, but have run into a problem. I want to take my beer line quick disconnects off so I can run the PVC tubing through copper pipe when I install the tower. Will take pictures tonight, but want to make sure I'm not screwing something up by removing them from the hose. I also noted that one of my posts on the gas in side has a small flat dent on it. Hopefully this won't screw anything up...

Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #16
cheezemm
Recipes 

Default Updates

I will be posting picture of my danby125ss conversion soon. I don't like all the blind measuring I had to do, but I got it all squared away and it looks NIIIICE!

I have my first keg ready to hook up. It's naturally primed. I understand I'm supposed to chill it and then back off the pressure before hooking to the gas. Am I supposed to completely relieve it? I don't want to break the seal (no, not that seal, the keg seal!)