I have 3 batches of blackberry wine making right now. This is my first year to do this, and because of this, I probably did some things that others might not recommend, but the fact that I did them and am getting the results I am should say something
I didn't boil any berries. I didn't even use a strainer bag. I just crushed them and added the water and sugar the recipe called for. I did boil the water before adding, but let it cool so no hot water ever hit the berries. I didn't even use campden tables to kill any natural yeast. I didn't freeze anything, so all the nasties had every opportunity if they could take advantage of them. I literally picked the berries, brought them home, washed them, sanitized my equipment by boiling, and started crushing berries. I didn't get K-Meta bi until my first batch was moving into secondary.
My batches never had rhino farts - they smelled wonderful from the time they first started fermenting - no nutrient added.
I just racked the third batch yesterday, and the whole room where I did the racking just smelled wonderful from the moment I opened the carboy. I tasted some, of course, and it really tastes good even now. It has some clarifying to do yet.
On clarifying, I think the berries used in my third batch were riper on average. I had a little bit of dark red on some berries on my first two batches. The third batch foamed more than the first two, and is taking longer to clarify - the first two clarified very quickly.
And that's where I am. It was the simplest procedure because it was the first time for me, but it has gone swimmingly without hitting the must with campden tablets first, and with no concentrates, no pasteurization or boiling of berries.
The only thing I would say is that the recipe I followed called for more sugar and extra water than I expected. Maybe that's because the flavor of the berries is stronger than I expected. Even so, the wine is very full bodied even after clarifying. I'll let someone with more experience speak to that part.