Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > quick help

Old 09-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
fendermallot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default quick help

I made some rootbeer with the "homebrew" rootbeer extract. I followed the instructions, bottled the 1gal batch into 2 used 2L bottles and set them in my bedroom in a bucket, wrapped in a towel. My room has been ranging from 70-80 degrees this week, cooler at night.

I made it 2 days ago and the bottles are now ROCK hard. Should I refrigerate now or wait a bit longer? The recipe said 4-6 days then refrigerate.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
ACbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 3

in plastic, you can go 10 volumes of preasure, where as 12oz bottles break at lik 2 or 3. Anyhow, it is up to you. If you want to drink them, put them on ice. If you want to give them a little more time, it is ok. But the truth is, that soda is done when carbonated, so you can get drinking it now.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
fendermallot
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

ok, after less than 3 days sitting out (the instructions said 4-6 if room in the 70's) I refrigerated my soda. This afternoon I tried it. It tastes like brown club soda. Did I let it sit out too long and the yeasties ate all the sugar? If so, can I add a simple syrup back into it to sweeten it up?