Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > How to tell the current PSI level of your beer?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
cincybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainbridgeBrewer View Post
That sounds like you've got it.
awesome, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp9576 View Post
i could be completly wrong here, but if you just kegged it monday, i dont think its carbonated yet if you just set the presure ald left it. i feel like mine takes a solid 2 weeks at pressure and at temperature before its where i want it.

also, those number above seem correct, but i feel like something is missing. i am not sure if its the co2 levels equaling out to the pressure in the keg or what, but something just seems a little off. it seems to be that after 5 says at temperature and pressure the beer is still absorbing co2 at a pretty good rate and it could throw those numbers off.
it may very well not be carbonated yet. But to note, I set the PSI pretty high on monday night (around 25-30) and left it there til wednesday. However, I had been taking it on and off of co2 during that time frame, so even though I set it to 30, it may have absorbed quickly and didn't kick 30 psi back into the keg. Usually when I initially set it to serving pressure it takes a week or two to get proper levels.