Lazy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clann

Reaction score
Is it bad that I have a batch of beer but am too lazy bottle it? If I don't I will have to buy beer some time next week cause I'll be almost out of homebrew:(

Probably ought to bottle.

I'm lazy when it comes to bottling too.

My beer sure doesn't carb up in a week though.....

I said I'd be almost out;)
Yeah I might push it a little but my week and a half old beer tastes better than most that I can get at the store:D Wich is mostly BMC.

As my life has gotten busier, my beers have benefited, because all of them stay in primary for a minimum of 3 weeks now since I'm too tired/lazy to bottle after work. In reality, I can manage the whole process in a little over an hour, including sanitizing bottles, but something about it is very daunting. 3 carboys are currently just waiting to be bottled...

I'm actually taking a break from brewing and saving up for a kegging system because i hate bottling so so much.

Bottling is the only part of this hobby I truly dislike. My beer gets warm since both my hands are busy and it takes what feels like forever. Have yet to convince the wife that it's her responsibility...lol.

Ha I brewed 11 gallons a little while ago and I've bottled five of it.. 6 is still sitting in seocndary. I've also got a batch of beer waiting for me to start brewing and a batch of wine waiting for me. Pretty soon I'll have seventeen gallons of fermented stuffs waiting on bottles :p. I really want to get into kegging, just trying to piece it together without spending too much money. I'll still bottle - it's nice to have a twelve pack to load up and bring with me, but yeah; I hear ya; bottling is the worst part... Un-bottling on the other hand, that's the best part!

Wow its funny that so many people hate bottling I have been kegging for a couple of years and started bottling big beers about a year ago and......I love bottling to the point that I have considered doing away with kegging and going back to bottles exclusively and I'm not joking I think bottling is fun.

Bottling was the only part of brewing I didn't look forward to. Kegging has probably kept me in the hobby.

Same, only trade with me im closer and the shipping will be less. two cases of 24's 2 cases of grolsch style swing tops, capper, tons of caps

edb23 said:
You probably aren't, just the only one i've ever heard about :D

for real, ill trade ya

Can't do it bro in like a year there will be a post here saying how retarded I am for this trade and I already post enough stupid **** around here

HA
I bottled anyway. After whining about being lazy , I bottled anyway and feel GREAT about the fact that the pipeline will still flow.:rockin:

Man, I need a superman smiley:cool: but this will do.

I'm lazy enough not to go into a secondary, but not lazy enough not to bottle. I went into kegs because a few hundred bottles take up a lot of room. You can always have a friend come over and bottle for a few beers. I've never had a problem with volunteers.

I wouldn't be brewing anymore if I had to bottle everything. I brewed back in 92 with my boss, and we bottled. That lasted 2 batches. I started again in 06 and had 12 kegs sitting here before I did my first batch. I wasn't going to quit for that reason again!

Wow its funny that so many people hate bottling I have been kegging for a couple of years and started bottling big beers about a year ago and......I love bottling to the point that I have considered doing away with kegging and going back to bottles exclusively and I'm not joking I think bottling is fun.

I'm in the exact same boat. Kegging is easy and all, but it's just not the same as bottling. With bottling, I can give lots away to friends and family...not to mention competition entries. I even have a Beergun, but sometimes would just rather bottle with plain old corn sugar than hooking it up. Plus, I know this will be controversial, but I feel I get better carbonation with bottling....

In a pinch though... I'll keg :mug:

Buy more equipment! Haha I got a vinator (whatever the hell it is called) a few weeks ago from a vendor with a recipe they had for sale. It was a high gravity beer so for once I am letting it condition for a while.

But I am chompin at the bit to try this thing out that I am actually restraining myself from bottling this batch so it conditions long enough!

I bottle every so often but kegging is what keeps me active in the hobby. Bottling is a PITA and I don't get consistent results with bottle conditioning.

I don't mind bottling, it is cleaning bottles I hate. And one week carb in the bottle? Hell, I wait 4 weeks because that seems to be the time it starts coming really nice. Even at 3 weeks I know I am not getting much of the beer's full potential.

Cleaning isn't that bad - it's delabelling the darn things that irks me - I hand out a lot of beer, and in return people buy me beer or cook me food, and usually give me bottles back.... that still have labels on them, that's gotta be the worst part of the bottling process - the actual bottling I guess isn't that bad because I'm usually drinking while I do it (thus generating more empty bottles to fill!). Also, when I moved last time I misplaced/mispacked/whatever a bunch of delabelled bottles so I had to start from scratch with my most recent batch - I almost bought a case of bottles from my LHBS to suppliment, but my friends have been providing/drinking heavily so I don't think I'll have to do that.

Cleaning isn't that bad - it's delabelling the darn things that irks me - I hand out a lot of beer, and in return people buy me beer or cook me food, and usually give me bottles back.... that still have labels on them, that's gotta be the worst part of the bottling process - the actual bottling I guess isn't that bad because I'm usually drinking while I do it (thus generating more empty bottles to fill!). Also, when I moved last time I misplaced/mispacked/whatever a bunch of delabelled bottles so I had to start from scratch with my most recent batch - I almost bought a case of bottles from my LHBS to suppliment, but my friends have been providing/drinking heavily so I don't think I'll have to do that.

easy fix, don't delabel

Hi all.

I too feel this way sometimes. The fun bit is always the first easier process. Human nature I guess....mind you the drinking part is quite good too.

I have A couple.of solutions to help. First I aquired lots of glass 1L bottles so only had to clean 23 in a batch. This is working great for me. If you need bottles and live near a big hotel then head around the back for a limitless supply. I have matching mineral bottles so were easy to clean.

My next, as yet in tried solution is mini kegs. I have just bought four which are aparetly recyclable. So for my next larger batch I only have 4 to clean and each one I guess lasts a week or so once started.

Incidentally. Has anyone else tried mini keys? Look to me to be a cost effective solution? Even better for real ale I'm thinking.

Thanks. Dan

I used one once. Overcarbed (probably my fault) and was a tasty mess when tryign to pour. Worked ok. Had a friend who was working on an inexpensive adapter to allow a CO2 cartridge to fill the headspace instead of air. Was intended to keep the beer form getting oxidized, not so much for carbing.

I don't mind bottling, and I'll even put up with delabeling. My problem is I'll get a few buckets or kitchen trash cans full of hot oxi and bottles and then not have enough time to finish the job and the wife gets a bit irked having that stuff in the way.

So I have to plan when I have several hours to do it. I have 2 batches waiting to be bottled, and at this point in time I have lots of bottles ready to be delabeled. I better plan my attack soon.

Kegging is so much quicker. Just one under my belt, but it was NICE.

I don't mind bottling all that much but there is a lot more equipment to clean. I will continue to do both because I like the portability of bottles (taking on trips, handing out to friends). But I also am in love with my basement kegerator, and would not part with it. If I can bottle half the batches, that's half as many kegs to buy and store.

I just keep my delabeled bottles and ask for them back from friends if they want to receive more.

Back