Melon rum - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Melon rum

Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
the_beechuk
Recipes 

Sep 2011

I have been making marrow rum for a while now and was wondering if I can do the same with a melon and other fruits

Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
Germelli1
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Blacksburg/Herndon, VA
Liked 37 Times on 37 Posts

Is this sugar wine or distilled spirits? If it has to do with distillation we can't talk about it here but there is another forum you can try...home distillers I think it is called!

Old 09-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
the_beechuk
Recipes 

Sep 2011

Think it would be a sugar wine when I do what they call marrow rum I cut the top off scrape out the seeds add ginger brown sugar and yeast then let it drip through into a jar then tip the liquid in to a demijohn to ferment out as you mite guess I'm quite new to the home brew scene

Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
Germelli1
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Blacksburg/Herndon, VA
Liked 37 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_beechuk View Post
Think it would be a sugar wine when I do what they call marrow rum I cut the top off scrape out the seeds add ginger brown sugar and yeast then let it drip through into a jar then tip the liquid in to a demijohn to ferment out as you mite guess I'm quite new to the home brew scene
Awesome, that is perfectly kosher round here!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
the_beechuk
Recipes 

Sep 2011

So you think this would work with a melon would I need to swop brown sugar to White???