Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Planning out my electric BIAB setup

Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
Maxkling
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixs4r View Post
So a plain Jane rheostat is out of the question? Sorry if I'm just being a dumb noob, I just figured it would be the cheapest, simplest option.
Do you know of a rheostat that will be rated for that high amount of wattage that is under a few hundred dollars?

Some people have looked into using electric range controls, not sure if anyone has been successful. I don't know why you wouldn't just use a pwm circuit, for under like 15$ with the ssr and heat sink and it will "control the heat".

Me - "Gun Control Means Using Both Hands."

Old 09-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #12
phoenixs4r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxkling View Post
Do you know of a rheostat that will be rated for that high amount of wattage that is under a few hundred dollars?

Some people have looked into using electric range controls, not sure if anyone has been successful. I don't know why you wouldn't just use a pwm circuit, for under like 15$ with the ssr and heat sink and it will "control the heat".
I didn't know the rheostat would be that much, again, noobing it up I am.

I'll look into the PWM circuit. Thanks!