Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Third Brew Experience

Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
mjking77
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Third Brew Experience

No real question here. Just a little bit of a rant.

Well, I just finished cleaning up my equipment from my third brew. This one was different then the first two. I think it has to do with the fact that I have gotten a new stove since my last brew.

I decided to try brewing three gallons this time (previous two brews were two gallons). The new stove did a good job of heating up the water to steeping temp. The problem I had was keeping it there. My temp got a little over 170F for a few minutes. I guess it will just take some time to get used to the new stove.

Anyway, then after I added my LME, I had the biggest hot break yet. I almost had a boilover, but I took the pot off of the heat just in time.

Then when adding my first hops, I accidentaly dropped some of the pellets onto the counter. No big deal, just frustrating. I picked them up and threw them in. The counter was clean and I figure the hour boil would get rid of any nasties.

Luckaly, the rest went smoothly. Like I said I just felt like ranting a little.

Have a good day!

Matt

Bottle Conditioning: None
Drinking:

Up Next: IPA

Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 697 Times on 397 Posts
Likes Given: 255

You just described what sounds like one of my best brewing days....

Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
onecolumbyte
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjking77
I almost had a boilover

Anyday without a boilover is a good day. If I ever had a day where all I did was drop a couple of hops the SWMBO would be

You should see our stove after boilovers. Yeck.