Are Weihenstephaner bottles reusable? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Are Weihenstephaner bottles reusable?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
ChaosStout
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Moorhead, MN
Posts: 253
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts



Ive read that Euro Bottles opeenings are alittle different so our size caps wont work. I capped acouple emptys to see how they were and they seem fine, but Id like to know for sure. I have abunch of the Pint and 11.2 oz Id like to reuse. Thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
jd3
 
jd3's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
, The Back of the Bus
Posts: 441
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


I think they should be fine. Fill them with a food dyed water, juice, paint, poop, anything with color. Fill, cap, and dry off good. THen flip it over and let it sit on top of a paper towel to see if there is any leakage.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Starderup
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Atlanta
Posts: 580
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosStout View Post
Ive read that Euro Bottles opeenings are alittle different so our size caps wont work. I capped acouple emptys to see how they were and they seem fine, but Id like to know for sure. I have abunch of the Pint and 11.2 oz Id like to reuse. Thanks!
There are only two size caps - standard and Belgian, which are a little bigger. I almost bought a bag of Belgian by accident, because they are close, but if you sit a standard cap on a bottle in question, and it doesn't have any side to side play, you should be good.
__________________
<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
ChaosStout
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Moorhead, MN
Posts: 253
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Starderup View Post
There are only two size caps - standard and Belgian, which are a little bigger. I almost bought a bag of Belgian by accident, because they are close, but if you sit a standard cap on a bottle in question, and it doesn't have any side to side play, you should be good.
Thanks! They are good to go. Makes me happy cuz I have about 35-40 of em hehe

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 26,099
Liked 6817 Times on 4029 Posts


I have hundreds of these german wheat bottles... it's nearly all I use. They work great!
__________________
- Andrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
Starderup
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Atlanta
Posts: 580
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I have hundreds of these german wheat bottles... it's nearly all I use. They work great!
Yes, they are just a little over a pint, just like Paulaner. Next to bombers, they are the first bottles I use.
__________________
<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need bottles! superbob404 Equipment/Sanitation 5 04-02-2011 05:03 PM
How to clean reusable nylon hops bag ipatch Equipment/Sanitation 9 08-03-2010 01:03 PM
Reusable plug-in dehumidifiers?? TWilson Equipment/Sanitation 3 11-26-2008 08:45 PM
Is Sanitizer Reusable? Thwizzit Equipment/Sanitation 8 04-19-2008 07:41 PM
5L minikegs reusable? OtherWhiteMeat Equipment/Sanitation 11 02-07-2006 06:31 PM


Forum Jump