Sam Adams Fall Sampler - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Sam Adams Fall Sampler

Old 09-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
Rifester
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I gave my SA Oktoberfest to my neighbour... It tasted horribly watery to me this year.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 AM   #12
mredge73
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2011
La Porte, TX
Liked 44 Times on 43 Posts

The raunchy beer was just that!
Awful, like drinking cough syrup.

I bought a case of SA Oktoberfest this year (I buy one every year).
After drinking them side by side on labor day I can say it is more malty (sweet) this year. I think I liked it better last year.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
nvrlateinz28
Recipes 

Oct 2010
maryland

SA octoberfest is a good beer if handled correctly.

I found a 12 pack at my local store in march and kind of sat on it for a while.

I had one right out of the fridge in like may or june and I didnt like it. I thought maybe it had aged too much.

Then I just had one out of a sampler pack in september. Should be fresh and good right. It wasn't very good. Kind of bland.

Then I went to a bar to watch some football and since it was really crowded ordered two beers at the bar so i didn't have to wait for the waitress.

I drank an IPA and let the SA Octoberfest sit there. By the time I got to the SA Octoberfest it had warmed up quite a bit.

It was awesome. Just like I remember it from lat year and years prior.

It dawned on me that I was drinking it too cold and couldn't taste the subtle malty flavors.

Now I usually do try to warm up beer before drink it by swirling it in the glass and trying to warm it up with my hand.

I guess I just didn't really warm it up enough to really taste it.

Then I tried the same thing with a Paulaner Oktoberfest. It really tasted bland cold but I warmed it up and it was awesome.

I realized I have probably been drinking all of my beers too cold.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #14
Old_mil_guy
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Worcester, MA

SA Oktoberfest gave me a headache this year. I tried it three times x3 beers and got a headache every time?
I had to give rest of case to my brother.