what would you label this brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaruneJr

Reaction score
Going to school in pa but originally from upstate new york. got some brew up there in new york and just made something in pa. i really dont know what to call it i made a small batch of it in 2 liter bottles about a month ago.

if anyone could help me label what it is close to, i would be extremely grateful.
what i mean is what brew is it close to. if you got names too thats fine.

like the title says i also put it in my introduction post. im brand new to both things this forum and brewing. i made some in 2 2 liter bottles i made it all off of sight really minus the sugar that i added. i made do with what i had so i used a liquid measuring cup and measured out 3 full cups of sugar for a single 2 liter. it turned out pretty potent. my roommate was mixing it and after 3 cups of half and half i did a sobriety test and he failed miserably it was actually pretty hilarious.

my biggest thing is i really would like to know what to call my brew. ill put it out there to see if anyone wants to make it and try it to tell me what you think it is for a 5 gallon carboy though just so you know im sure if you been brewing you can scale it down for what ever you would like to try it for.

my whole brew starts with

champagne yeast. cause of its tolerance to alc %
10 lbs of sugar for the rest of the water to add to get that nice head space.
1 gallon of pasteurized apple juice this last batch i actually made the 5 gallons worth was motts apple juice.
2 cap fulls of yeast energizer and nutrients

it is very potent that is the thing i have it sitting in my kitchen and it has made the whole apartment like alcohol. it always starts off looking like a apple juice but within a day or two it clouds up and becomes pretty cloudy its really funky looking. its like a whitish yellow but like i said it smells really potent. and it just keeps smelling stronger and more potent every day.

Champagne yeast and apple juice? And TEN POUNDS OF SUGAR? Seriously?

How about..."Paris Hilton?"

black out juice?

man that sounds terrible! but drinking it might lead to further mistakes, and I like making mistakes ;)

edit:
Pan Galactic Gargleblaster
Death Juice
The Real Prison Experience

LOL!! im still laughing. what is there something wrong with that it? personally i think it probably get even her drunk.

Double posted threads merged. I also encourage you to read rule #8.

If the entire purpose of your brew is to simply get wasted on the cheap, I don't think you'll find much help here, and you're better off buying some bottom shelf booze (unless you aren't old enough, in which case, I refer you back to the site rules). If you're looking for ways to make quality, home crafted beer, cider, mead, etc, then you've come to the right place, though your approach needs a bit of refinement. Have a browse through the recipe database.

EDIT: Took out the sarcasm...

With some more time invested, you'll likely find that you can use up a lot of time and enjoy it. And get some great brews and an amazing hobby, too.

B

to Yuri Rage,

It is not my intent at all. My intent is to create new things, i was more wondering what kind of brew is close to it. Because everyone keeps asking me what it is and i have no answer for them. so i figure i would get on a forum and see if some experienced brewers would be able to help me out any to narrow down what kind of brew it is. mead or wine or just a plain liquor type brew. i am extremely new to this but i like the whole brewing thing. dont get me wrong i do want to make strong potent alcohol beverages but not to just to get drunk off of. but to enjoy and have the satisfaction of another batch made with my thought process behind it. i dont know how else to explain it besides that.

The reason you're getting such smartass answers is that your brew is best labeled "prison hooch" or "sugar wine" at best. The recipe is akin to the sort of thing that folks do behind bars when they don't have access to real booze (or what underaged kids do in their dorm rooms for the same reason). Threads with recipes like this crop up very often, and most of the time, the poster is underaged.

In short, there is no name for the style you've created. For a dry cider that's easy to make, try Ed's Apfelwein. Don't change anything in the recipe and see how you like it.

Also, have a read through www.howtobrew.com.

Finally, please use capital letters and punctuation. It is very hard to read your posts.

Good luck!

Ok. Thank you very much for your help. I'm not underage. Turned 23 a few weeks ago and also did my time in the military. So i figure i would do something to burn up some time and brewing sounded fun.

No sweat. We're here to help, but I was afraid we were starting off on the wrong foot. Best wishes.

To those responding to this thread, please offer some constructive criticism and techniques. Further derogatory responses will be removed.

I would call it Rocket Fuel...with the motto... "One small stagger for man...One giant headache for Morning time"

How does it taste? I'm assuming like a strong shot...

Hillbilly joose,it ain't like corn licker,but it'll make ya go pee quicker! Ok,seriously though,take out all but 4 cups of the sugar,& use about 5 gallons of UN-pasteurized apple cider. You can use a mix of white & light brown sugar,as I used to do. And if you can find some,3 heaping handfuls of dandelion flowers (opened). That's my version of an old recipe I did when I was your age. Lacking the dandelion flowers,you can also swap in 2lb of gold raisins,chopped. They work great too.

Pruno

Figure out what you want to Brew and there is so much information here to assist you. Go find a home brew store and begin there, get some proper equipment and then post all your questions here.

Mad Irene's revenge...

I think you should discover the wonderful world of mead... It will create a much better overall product and the girlz will still chug away :)

Back