Finished up another brew tonight, just starting to ferment in the primary. Here's what I did, what do you guys think? It is supposed to be a warm week over here and I am looking to keep the fermentation temps up as high as possible in order to yield maximum funkiness!
- 2Kg Liquid Malt Extract
- 500g Pilsner Malt
- 250g Vienna Malt
- 250g Munich malt
- 30g Hallertau Hops @ 60min
- 30g Hallertau @ 10 min
- 112g grated ginger root @ 10min
- 50g dried Hibiscus flowers @ 10min
- 6g whole star anise @ 10 min
- 2 cups table sugar @ flameout
- White Labs WLP565 Saison Yeast (pitched at 31C)
Mashed at 68C for 1 hour, added all spices into a grain bag and left it in during the cooling stage until I hit 31C.
Starting gravity: 1.050