Homebrewer TV ALL EPISODES FREE NOW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hafmpty

Reaction score
Hey all. Homebrewer TV, a vodcast created by Gary Martin (Bluesssman), was initially available for free (Episodes 1-38). However due to costs associated with the project Gary decided to convert the show to a pay-to-play format (Episodes 39-41). Well unfortunately the shows subscribers dipped terribly and the show is now cancelled. No idea if/when it'll come back on (I hope soon...and free of course). But in the meantime, I PM'ed Gary and asked him if he'd consider making the final episodes available on iTunes. HE DID! And now they're up and ready for viewing. If you haven't watched these last episodes, check them out. If you've never heard of the show, here's a link to the vodcast in iTunes.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/home-brewer-tv/id418446633

If you were a previous viewer but quit watching after you had to pay for the show, be sure to send Gary a "Thanks." Let him know you'd love to see the show come back. Enjoy.

Definitely a quality show, I really enjoyed the early episodes. Too bad it was cancelled. That being said, it was like a video beer blog, something I'd never pay for.

I'll be checking it out! I started to tune in right as he went to pay and then canceled. Just about the time I got a phone that would play the video properly. Major bummer.

I started watching this show a few weeks ago from itunes. Wow!!! Waht a great show. I think I have seen almost all episodes. I was very disappointed to find out that it was cancelled and I would love to see it come back.

I really enjoyed this show as well. It seems to me the podcast that are succesful are those that are not about profit.i don't know why it would cost a lot if youalready have the equipment?

I loved the show, but didn't feel I had the cash to support it when it was pay to play. Too bad that it couldn't work for him, but I hope there is a way for it to come back through advertising revenue.

I think if it ever comes back, it'll have to be done like many of lowtech Youtube homebrewers do it. And for sure it'll have to be free. I liked the show and would love to see it return. I'm not holding my breath though.

Too bad it's on iTunes. That's a no-go for me as I just won't install the client on my computer.

If I am feeling very ambitious, I might download on my wife's computer and convert for my phone.

It really is too bad that Gary couldn't make this work out as a free service. He is a very charismatic guy and I enjoyed watching and listening to him in these shows. I think a low-tech version filmed with a quality webcam and put on Youtube would still have a big following.

Looks like he lost his web site too. It was a well done and interesting show, but I just don't think many folks would pay for it. Fun to watch and sorry it couldn't get by with sponsor's money.

I tried paying several times but the web site just didn't work on my computer, so I gave up. Sorry to see the show stopped.

Funny thing was after he switched to pay to view you could still see the new videos. I think I sent him 3-4 messages telling him the problem but it never was fixed. All you had to do was watch the video about membership and then the videos were listed, even the new ones.

I am really liking this show.. did he say anything about quitting or did he just stop making them and take down the website?

I just watched the promo video that introduced the paid membership. 10 bucks a month?? No wonder it didn't make it. That's the cost of HBO! 120 bucks a year. My HBT subscription is a quarter of that and provides 100 times the information. HE should have considered the show a hobby.

Back